Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Interior color code

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 12:41 PM
gmund356
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior color code

Hello, I recently purchased a 1986 carrera coupe that is GP white and has red interior. I originally thought the leather was can-can red. The car has full leather. Everything is stitched including the dash, lower dash, door pulls, and armrest lids. The dash is black along with the tops of the door panels..everything else is red including the carpet. I contacted PCNA and they informed me that the car has a special ordered all leather interior in red/red with interior option code 70. I cannot find a reference to this interior code anywhere except in the exclusive options and its listed as E70-special leather. If anyone knows or has this same option code any help or info would be great
Old 01-07-2013, 03:37 PM
ron mcatee
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On my Certificate of Authenticity (COA) it says mine is Lipstick Red. I could never find a code for mine. It is not Can Can Red or Lobster which I was told they were the only two colors for 1988. I rcently found the right color at Autos international in California and the seat looks almost Identical to the passenger seat. I knew there would be a little difference due to the dyes, etc after 25 years, but so far it looks great. It doesn't shine like the old one, but with my butt sliding across it, that may change quickly. It took me 3 months to find the right pelts.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:38 AM
bakerphoto
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Curious if there was any further information on this interior. I have an '86, GP white , Euro, cab with red interior as well. The interior code under the trunk says "98" which, I think, just designates a special order. My interior is all red except for the front of the dash which is black. Would be great to get more info on this. Thanks.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Interior color code