Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Anybody in Colorado Springs, CO to look at '86 911 I just purchased on e-bay

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 04:17 AM
BTEMY
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody in Colorado Springs, CO to look at '86 911 I just purchased on e-bay

Anybody in Colorado Springs can help me out?

Thank you in advance.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:28 AM
BTEMY
Intermediate

Here is the link to the car:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Carre...#ht_500wt_1182
Old 12-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

It looks like you've got some work ahead, but it also looks like it will be in capable hands:

https://rennlist.com/forums/10017023-post1.html
Old 12-23-2012, 03:33 PM
salukijac
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where in the Springs? I might be able to take a look at it before the snow gets going.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:36 PM
BTEMY
Intermediate

PM sent.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:42 PM
BTEMY
Intermediate

Originally Posted by amber lamps
It looks like you've got some work ahead, but it also looks like it will be in capable hands:

https://rennlist.com/forums/10017023-post1.html
Thank you for the kind words.

My hope is that this car is mechanically and structurally sound with no rust. Liner and the seats are no biggy, but I would want to stay away from anything that will drain me thousands for mechanical/electrical.

Still deciding on what I want to do with it. I have my 89 930 cab but I am very hesitant on pushing it hard in the mountains and rather enjoy it for a smoother cruise with some burst here and there without getting too tail happy. I want to enjoy the 911 at the limit, just as I enjoy my boxsters, so this probably will do. I also prefer taking it slow in updating and improving things in my cars as I find their limits while I drive them pretty regularly. Naturally I upgrade brakes before I find their limit as soon as I get a car
Old 12-23-2012, 10:09 PM
BTEMY
Intermediate

Got all the info, he is in zip code 80919, on Tudor rd.

Please let me know if anybody can help me out. I know these are holidays, and everybody is busy, but I would appreciate it very much and would be more than welcome to return the favor somehow.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:20 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BTEMY
Anybody in Colorado Springs, CO to look at '86 911 I just purchased on e-bay
Help you do what? You're supposed to do a PRE purchase inspection, not a POST purchase. Just pay for the damn thing now. It's yours.

It's guys like you pulling stunts like this that F-up the ebay auctions.

Sorry, that's how I feel.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:31 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RollingArt
Help you do what? You're supposed to do a PRE purchase inspection, not a POST purchase. Just pay for the damn thing now. It's yours.

Wouldn't want to screw up your precious little egay.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:12 PM
Rob Heath
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got all the info, he is in zip code 80919, on Tudor rd.

Please let me know if anybody can help me out. I know these are holidays, and everybody is busy, but I would appreciate it very much and would be more than welcome to return the favor somehow.
@BTEMY - so have you bought the car? Not sure what help you need?
Old 12-25-2012, 12:34 AM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

I had a guy out bid two other bidders who called and emailed asking tons of questions only to show up and try to talk me down and eventually leaving without the car. I now cancel bidders who don't call or email before bidding. Not sure what these people are thinking they are bidding on, a chance to look at the car?
Old 12-25-2012, 05:01 PM
cal44
Burning Brakes

Rolling Art may be a little (or a lot) blunt. But he is right. And, when your right.......that pretty much sums it up.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:18 PM
BTEMY
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RollingArt

Wow, so much for the holiday spirit and communal help.

I've purchased two of my porsches through ebay, 930 cab, and the 912 SWT. Why would you even assume anything about me, without even knowing even one piece of fact???

I'm not backing out of the deal, and what I'm looking for was for somebody to see visually the car to confirm some of the sellers statements. Also the seller, has 0 feedback, so not being there to see the shop, and the car even a gut feeling of a person who talks to him in person is great, since I don't feel comfortable just wiring the payment, enough scams going from the sellers, even more than the buyers.

So, Happy Holidays, and if there is somebody that can take a look at the car tomorrow, I would be appreciative, if not, maybe than I had little bit too high of the expectations asking for help here.

Thanks.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:22 PM
BTEMY
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Rob Heath
@BTEMY - so have you bought the car? Not sure what help you need?
To inspect some of things on the car that the seller made statements about. Including possible rust areas, engine leaks, engine and transmissions operations, clutch, condition of brakes and suspension, also electrical.

I would want to stay on the phone with a person who is willing to help me out, so this could be quick and interactive. Should not take more than 30 minutes with the car at the location.

I am willing to compensate.

I am buying the car, just want to make sure that all the things the seller told me, are true (seller is with 0 feedback)

Thanks

My name is Alek by the way.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:17 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

So, Happy Holidays, and if there is somebody that can take a look at the car tomorrow, I would be appreciative, if not, maybe than I had little bit too high of the expectations asking for help here.

Thanks.
Well, I'm certainly not even close, and I know you got a blunt reply here, albeit does have some wisdom-considering you are doing this after-the-fact. But, your last sentence kind of sucks, as long as we're on the holiday theme. The comment about having too high of expectations asking for this help is a bit out of line, IMO, considering it is the Christmas holiday, and Colorado Springs isn't maybe a spot where many RLers live.

Quick Reply: Anybody in Colorado Springs, CO to look at '86 911 I just purchased on e-bay