Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Anybody in Colorado Springs, CO to look at '86 911 I just purchased on e-bay

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 08:36 PM
BTEMY
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Well, I'm certainly not even close, and I know you got a blunt reply here, albeit does have some wisdom-considering you are doing this after-the-fact. But, your last sentence kind of sucks, as long as we're on the holiday theme. The comment about having too high of expectations asking for this help is a bit out of line, IMO, considering it is the Christmas holiday, and Colorado Springs isn't maybe a spot where many RLers live.
In my opinion there is a difference between being blunt and being rude.

Thanks anyways.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:44 AM
mfyoung1086
Racer

Originally Posted by RollingArt
Help you do what? You're supposed to do a PRE purchase inspection, not a POST purchase. Just pay for the damn thing now. It's yours.

It's guys like you pulling stunts like this that F-up the ebay auctions.

Sorry, that's how I feel.
You know thats kinda a BS view. It does suck when someone backs out of a purchase on ebay, but he wants to make sure the car he bought is as described, before should be the proper time to do that, but if he does it post and finds out its nothing like the add, well he has every reason not to pay. Why honor an agreement to purchase a car when the seller wasn't honest to begin with?
Old 12-26-2012, 01:08 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Guys, look at picture #6. The picture of the under side of the car that is shown upside down.... Notice the oil line? IT'S CRUSHED. WTF's with that? I'm sure our buyer has reason to be concerned, but not about our precious little ebay.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:28 PM
BTEMY
Intermediate

The airline prices are just freaking crazy. I really wish I could avoid flying if somebody could help me out.

Bump.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:36 PM
BTEMY
Intermediate

I also have one more question. I usually pay for the car in person. If end up not flying there, what would be the safest way to pay for the car and receive the paper work?
Old 12-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Have you priced flights into Denver? It's only about an hours drive from there. Flying to CO Springs will be expensive.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:04 PM
BTEMY
Intermediate

Have you priced flights into Denver? It's only about an hours drive from there. Flying to CO Springs will be expensive.
Thanks a lot! Now its much more reasonable.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:05 PM
BTEMY
Intermediate

What do you guys thing about me driving it back from CO to San Francisco. Let's say if mechanically the car is good, will I see a lot of snow, chain control, cops on the way?

The shipping quote so far is $700 for open and $900 for enclosed
Old 12-26-2012, 08:48 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Just got off the phone with a fellow rennlister that is an hour or so north of you. He says if all else fails he would go look at it.

What about Salukijac's offer to go look?

https://rennlist.com/forums/10093386-post4.html
Old 12-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by BTEMY
What do you guys thing about me driving it back from CO to San Francisco. Let's say if mechanically the car is good, will I see a lot of snow, chain control, cops on the way?

The shipping quote so far is $700 for open and $900 for enclosed
With all these storm waves, chances are pretty good you'll see white stuff over any of the passes. It depend on if you can time the trip based on weather, and not a schedule you need to keep.

I'd make sure of the cars mechanical condition prior to. Doug had good eyes on the oil line deformation.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:07 PM
BTEMY
Intermediate

Originally Posted by amber lamps
Just got off the phone with a fellow rennlister that is an hour or so north of you. He says if all else fails he would go look at it.

What about Salukijac's offer to go look?

https://rennlist.com/forums/10093386-post4.html
I PMed Salukijac as soon as he offered, so far no reply.

It would be great if your friend can take a look at it. Once again, just let me know how I can compensate.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:10 PM
BTEMY
Intermediate

With all these storm waves, chances are pretty good you'll see white stuff over any of the passes. It depend on if you can time the trip based on weather, and not a schedule you need to keep.

I'd make sure of the cars mechanical condition prior to. Doug had good eyes on the oil line deformation.
Yes, its tricky. I also would need to do all of this (flying, and driving back) within a 35 to 48 hour frame as I have senior animals that I take care of, including a paraplegic dog, its hard finding somebody to take care of them. (I have 3 dogs and 2 cats, and unfortunately they are all around the same senior age)

With the storms its little worrisome, so it all comes down if I will have a good word from somebody who takes a look at it, to make sure that it is a "daily driver" as the seller described to me.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:13 PM
BTEMY
Intermediate

Also I would like to thank you guys for stepping up in helping me. I appreciate the camaraderie and was really hoping for such, it has generally always been an amazing experience of how much community helps its members.

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-27-2012, 01:33 AM
salukijac
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry guys, I've been dealing with a family emergency. Had to get the wife to the airport yesterday in the middle of opening x-mas presents. Hadn't checked Rennlist for a bit.

BTMY, I never got the address, all I got was the zip code which is 10-15 minutes away from my house. If you send the seller's info, I can get in touch with him and set something up. I was under the impression it was coming.

I have to warn you, father in law's health is deteriorating rapidly and I might have to get on a airplane within minutes notice.

Let me know.

Jorge
Old 12-27-2012, 02:00 AM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 98 Likes on 66 Posts

Man, what a cluster.

Pay a local Porsche mechanic to check the car out for you.

You're in this deep already.

Hope I didn't hurt your feelings.

Quick Reply: Anybody in Colorado Springs, CO to look at '86 911 I just purchased on e-bay