Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Need a decent compressor(UK)

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 07:35 AM
richie2
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a decent compressor(UK)

My 911 Supersport is in storage and I want to keep tyre pressures up so tyres dont get spoilt over the winter. My Halfords special £9.99 compressor is impossible to use and you need to push the clip down once it is on the valve, and space is limited in my lock up. Its noisy and slow, any good models out there that people recommend? Obviously not a heavy duty one, its just a once a month job.

Also call me Mr Slow Wit ( no don't) but how do I upload my picture? Its not intuitive... okay its a FAQ so dont shout!

Richie
Old 10-05-2012, 08:21 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,154 Likes on 827 Posts

not sure what a supersport is but welcome.

Any hardwre store compressor will do really. you are just moving air. For that matter i would go to the garage.. increase to 50 lbs and drive home. not a big deal , just a hard ride. in fact my tires are fine through many Canadian winters. i just drive on to a piece of styrofoam ( we have heavy blue stuff here that is ususally blowing around building sites ). I just grab a few pieces of that. No big deal really.

as far as uploading pictures if you scroll down where you were generating your post it should have been a spot that says manage atachments.. then you can atach a pic .. not to big or it wont upload.

I have heard you need a minimum amount of posts to upload a pic but im not sure about that .. as I seem to have made it slightly past any minimum.

you should have a decent compressor anyway as you may ( god forbid ) have to blow up that thing in the front cargo hold.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:21 AM
jackb911
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 56 Posts

Supersport is UK-speak for a M491 factory widebody.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:45 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,154 Likes on 827 Posts

Oh very nice

Quick Reply: Need a decent compressor(UK)