Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Carburetor Question?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 06:10 PM
Clinton R Hodges II
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Carburetor Question?

I am pulling my engine and trans to deal with some minor leaks and to perform some maintenance. I have been giving some thought relative to the PMO carburetors endorsed by Randall Aase. Presently I have a 2.7 CIS that serves me well. I am looking for input positive or negative. Thanks in advance.

Clinton R Hodges II
Anchorage, AK
Old 05-02-2002, 11:05 PM
Chris Martin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The swap to carbs is not cheap, and depending on your areas environmental laws might not be legal.
Old 05-03-2002, 03:29 PM
Clinton R Hodges II
AutoX

Chris, thanks for the response. I know they are pricey and that is not an issue. As far as emissions are concerned that is not a problem either. Anchorage has a program that allows for exemptions for cars not utilized between the months of September and April. I was hoping some of you guys could give me some technical feedback + or - relative to the PMO carbs on a 2.7CIS.

Clinton R Hodges II
Anchorage, AK
Rennlist/PCA member
Old 05-03-2002, 04:24 PM
JPIII
Advanced

I have Webers on my 2.7L hotrod motor. If money wasn't an issue I would have PMOs. CW on the internet from those that have used them is that the PMOs are very nice.

Be advised that there is a learning curve to be climbed when setting up/tuning them. Looking over an expert's shoulder would ease this considerably.
Since I didn't have this luxury (just books,which are minimal help), it took me bout a year to learn the dance (literally, on a 914, ya gotta walk around the car to get at each bank).
A Syncrometer and a float guage are required tooling. They are NOT bolt em' on and go.
You will get a decent hp gain and that lovely sound.

Quick Reply: Carburetor Question?