Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Why not... another project...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 06:07 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Second oil line cleaned and installed... still waiting for the bracket bolts to mount those...

Installed thermostat and lines... realized that the second line is not the correct one, that is the old line for the newer oil lines and I had backdated mine... and of course, can't find the correct line in the pile of parts that I have... so ordered a new one.

Oil tank reconditioned. Ordered a new oil level sender since the one in there was giving erratic measurements when I tested it... and now is the time to change all this...

Old 12-02-2018, 11:53 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Found the correct oil line! It was hiding under the 912 carpet... woohoo!!

Old 12-08-2018, 10:51 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Received the oil level sender today... installed! And that allowed me to also get the tank installed as well.

I had to remove the rear bumper to make it easier to install the tank back in place (the bumper had a lip that went inside further than the stock one... should have trimmed that, but was too lazy)... anyway, that allowed me to take the time to install some heat shield on the inside of the bumper to protect it from the muffler... I hope is enough...

Old 12-10-2018, 12:47 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Almost done with the oil system... had an email exchange with Chuck from Elephant Racing, to make sure I had the front lines installed correctly. So that is done. For this I had to take the front bumper off so took the opportunity to install the turn signals.

Installed the bumper back and also installed the lower lip... less stuff on the floor and more on the car...

Old 12-10-2018, 04:08 AM
bradnic
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Just read your whole thread end-to-end... absolutely loved it. you are very close now! Thank you for sharing your journey
btw - saludos from another latino - grew up in Miami.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:24 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Talking

Originally Posted by bradnic
Just read your whole thread end-to-end... absolutely loved it. you are very close now! Thank you for sharing your journey
btw - saludos from another latino - grew up in Miami.
Saludos!! Y gracias! En Orlando desde el 1998. Es lo mas frio que aguanto, jajajajajajaja Chicago!? Too frigging cold for this island boy.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:38 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Finishing the clutch release lever assembly with new spring, bearings, washers, shaft, etc.

Old 05-10-2019, 07:15 PM
davej
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

Have been looking for examples of cars painted Aquamarine Blue 5707 and am so glad I found your build thread. I am having a car painted this colour and have a sample from Willhoit’s but my painter is having a hell of a time trying to match the colour. It looks like you nailed it. Any info you could pass along would be greatly appreciated (paint brand, formula info).

Thanks,

Dave J
Vancouver, BC
Old 11-28-2020, 10:46 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Just reviving the thread... not much done since the last update... but needed to move the car to another garage to make space. I need to finish a rail buggy for a friend. Once that is done I will resume working on this.

I do not have a lift in this house... so I will need to move it back and forth when working on something that requires me to use the lift.

Old 11-28-2020, 11:14 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by davej
Hi,

Have been looking for examples of cars painted Aquamarine Blue 5707 and am so glad I found your build thread. I am having a car painted this colour and have a sample from Willhoit’s but my painter is having a hell of a time trying to match the colour. It looks like you nailed it. Any info you could pass along would be greatly appreciated (paint brand, formula info).

Thanks,

Dave J
Vancouver, BC
Dave,

Very sorry to see this sooooo late... pretty sure you resolved this already. I thought I had uploaded a photo of the combination/code used for the paint. I sure hope so... if not, I will need to dig into the photos that I have in the hopes that I still have a photo of the color code and mix that was used...

Old 11-28-2020, 01:14 PM
raspritz
Burning Brakes

Received 252 Likes on 161 Posts

Beautiful job, by the way.
Old 11-28-2020, 01:26 PM
davej
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wachuko
Dave,

Very sorry to see this sooooo late... pretty sure you resolved this already. I thought I had uploaded a photo of the combination/code used for the paint. I sure hope so... if not, I will need to dig into the photos that I have in the hopes that I still have a photo of the color code and mix that was used...
No worries. Took 4 tries with the supplier but got the colour 99.9% matched. Wonderful colour and changes constantly with the light. Very hapoy with how it looks on the car.
The following users liked this post:
Wachuko (11-28-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 01:45 PM
Cloggie
Lost *******phile

Received 437 Likes on 231 Posts

What coating did you apply to the oil tank? I have one which is all cleaned up, tempted to powder coat it due to the harsh environment it lives in, but very nervous about any powder coat getting inside the tank and contaminating the oil with bad results to the engine.

Default will be just a coat of epoxy, but you basically can't get it up here in Canada (environmental concerns) so worry about its durability.

Good job by the way....

Cloggie
Old 12-01-2020, 03:02 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cloggie
What coating did you apply to the oil tank? I have one which is all cleaned up, tempted to powder coat it due to the harsh environment it lives in, but very nervous about any powder coat getting inside the tank and contaminating the oil with bad results to the engine.

Default will be just a coat of epoxy, but you basically can't get it up here in Canada (environmental concerns) so worry about its durability.

Good job by the way....

Cloggie
That one was done with VHT High Temp Epoxy paint... I too was concerned with powder coating it... I did powder coating for the fuel tank for a rail buggy that I am building, and had to spend a few hours cleaning the inside of the tank... So no way I was going to risk it with the oil tank in the 911...
Old 12-03-2020, 02:32 PM
MoraMor
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have done a tremendous job, man... The car is beautiful, I envy the guy, he is lucky one
It's incredibly cool! Just unbelievable

Quick Reply: Why not... another project...