Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

First Porsche Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012 | 07:34 PM
tuttdc
1st Gear

Default First Porsche Purchase

Ok, so I've read all the do's and don't s on buying a porsche, especially the emotion part, however, I'm in the process of buying a 2002 911 convertible hardtop with 7k miles. I've been in contact with the owner's cousin since the owner passed approximately 6 months ago. Story goes the owner was very wealthy and owned a number of cars of which his cousin is handling the sales for his cousin's wife. He has sold several cars already which consist of MB's, classic vette's, etc. and all stories have checked out. Pics look good, car fax/autocheck all check out. The car is equipped with soft top and hard top all of which look to be in great condition. Do you think a PPI is really necessary? Price is 32K. Also whats the deal with the auto check/carfax buyback guarantee? BTW both reports qualify the car for the buyback guarantee.
Old 08-30-2012 | 07:54 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Welcome to Rennlist.

Have you read up on the potential motor issues on the M96 equiped 911's, especially a 2002 with only 7,000 on the clock?

PPI's are only needed if you can't stomach expensive repair bills... For most of us, a PPI can save a boat load of hassle and cash expenditures in the short term. Get a PPI.

I'd also refer you to the 996 board here on Rennlist for more info and other 996 owner's for their opinion. They are great cars, but there can be a few issues. The M96 love to be driven and driven often...

Quick Reply: First Porsche Purchase