Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

warped dash solutions

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Ghosteh
Burning Brakes

Received 172 Likes on 96 Posts
Default warped dash solutions

The dash on my '85 has suffered from some warpage around the center vent and very slight bowing near the windshield. Fortunately, it's a leather dash & the leather itself is in very good condition and seems unaffected. (I've been conditioning the heck out of it lately & it's in great shape) It's the material under the leather that is warped, and I assume it's a hard plastic shell. My car lived in Texas for several years (which explains the "Texas" tinted windows), where I assume it had to deal with some very high heat at times. I do feel lucky because the dash underlay is the only part of the car which was affected.

I'm just guessing that I could remove the dash, take the leather cover off it, and reapply it to a replacement dash. Has anyone had any experience with this? Ideas?
Old 08-23-2012, 02:54 PM
wolds
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dashpad repair

You might want to give this guy a call. He was recommended to me by others on this site. http://www.928leather.com/ He will be doing the dashpad and door pockets on my 83SC.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:05 PM
Ghosteh
Burning Brakes

Received 172 Likes on 96 Posts

I checked out his site & it seems you have to provide the core for him to recover with new leather.

My leather is good. It's the dash underneath that's bad. If I can find a replacement, I'll have my material used to recover the new core. Everything will match & it should all be perfect then!

Quick Reply: warped dash solutions