Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Bra issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 12:05 PM
emac
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Bra issues

Can anyone help with a silly question, I cannot close my trunk lid after I put the bra on. I have had this for over two years and will not drive the car with the hood just safety latched. I would love to save the car from chips when on trips and any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-17-2003, 12:20 PM
willard
Instructor

Adjust the body side latch mechanism.

I keep the proper size allen wrench just nearby for times I want to install/remove my two piece bra.
Old 03-17-2003, 12:35 PM
1FastRedSC
Instructor

I have an sc, that when purchased, had a front end bra. Although since then it's been removed, and it was quite difficult to close the hood before i removed it. In order to shut it properly, you'll need to adjust the hood latch catch so that you've compensated for the additional thickness. Otherwise just put some forearm into it to get it to catch (and when i say forearm, i mean a significant amount of force).
Old 03-17-2003, 01:37 PM
scottb
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I adjusted my latch, and still couldn't get the lid closed easily. I found that resting the hood on the latch, and then placing my hand on the emblem and pushing down firmly/hard and quickly does the trick.
Old 03-17-2003, 04:19 PM
emac
Racer

Thanks everyone
I will try the adjustment
Old 03-18-2003, 02:54 AM
swbsam
Intermediate

when I was using a colgan bra I adjusted my latch up as high as it would go and it still would not latch easily. so we removed the top latch and put in some thick rubber washers as schims and that did the job. but I then had to use the bra all the time as the trunk wouldn't latch right with out it.
Old 03-18-2003, 08:26 AM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Be very careful! I had an '84 Turbo look that the PO used a bra on. The hood had ever so slightly upturned edges because he "forced" the lid closed on a full front bra. When I drove without it, you could (barely) see it. But it was a noticable imperfection and the only way to fix it would be to put on a new hood!

Quick Reply: Bra issues