Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Sad 87 carrera story

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2001 | 11:27 PM
doofdog
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Sad 87 carrera story

Was driveing in town today and saw an 87 targa at a local used car lot. Upon closer inspection I saw the horible paint job that the clear coat was peeling off of. I opened the lid and paint flakes fell. the front hatch wigled all over the place. niether front or rear would stay opened. no floor mats or carpeting that would be under them the rest of the carpet was there and stained.
the fuchs were in definately need of repair. the engine had never been detailed the targa bar had paint peeling off of it.
My heart dropped when I thought how could anyone let this happen. I asked the dealer how much he wanted for this saad once so proud car. he said 24,000 THOUSAND dollars. I looked at him as if he had just smoked a bowl in front of me. I for a brief period thoght I might be able to save this little sad car, till he said that. if there is anyone out there with the resources to make this guy see the light and to sell it for a fair price I would love to see this car on the rd someday restored to its full glory. its obvious this guy is waiting for a miricle naive shopper. it had 80k on it and no valve tapping. or at least convince this dealer to fix it. he has been driveing it and has food and soda cans evry where.
Old 06-26-2001 | 03:14 AM
Bill Wagner
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dealership prices are ALWAYS inflated, often grossly inflated. That car sounds like it's a victim of abuse, and possibly a serious collision. I wouldn't touch it without a PPI AND an inspection by a body shop. My general feel for buying used cars is that that for every dollar you can see in repairs, there are often five more dollars you can't see on a quick inspection, FWIW.

Bill Wagner

Quick Reply: Sad 87 carrera story