Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Drove a nice 88 FS today (Rennfax)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012 | 11:37 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Drove a nice 88 FS today (Rennfax)

Just a heads up ... I drove a nice 88 3.2 Carrera Targa today in the Boston area:

1988 Porsche 911 Targa/low miles

58k miles, nice straight car, not a mint car but I'd say it's worth the asking price of $22k. Paint looked good, aside from some rock chips and a couple of small issues (someone rolled the front fenders and there was some chipping on one side). Targa top was in good shape, interior was very clean, car drove very well, clutch was nice and light (no needle bearing issue), gearbox fine, car pulled hard. Only problem I came across was the tach was sometimes jumping all over the place, probably just a bad ground on the sender. Didn't see any leaks, motor sounded good. Had the guides done in 2009.

Same owner the last 13 years, nice guy, very torn about selling (so won't accept less). Has a Carrera tail on it, but no chin spoiler, so I'd say it was added later. Aftermarket rims, too. I think it had a Momo wheel.

Not the car for me -- I'd want it with Fuchs and no tail -- but I think it's a good, solid 3.2 Carrera with low enough miles where you could buy it, enjoy it for a while, and not lose money. Just thought I'd give you guys a headsup if anyone's looking, I've had a few 3.2 Carreras and this seemed like a good one.

Quick Reply: Drove a nice 88 FS today (Rennfax)