Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Painting 73 Targa - help...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2001, 10:44 AM
Glenn
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Painting 73 Targa - help...

Hi Everyone - I'm in the process of planning a repaint of my Silver 73 Targa. 2 questions.

The first question I have refers to taking the glass out to paint properly. Specifically the rear glass. I've heard from a couple people that the glass (after having been seated for almost 30 years) breaks when trying to remove it.

I'm torn - do I chance taking it out and breaking it, to paint properly, or leave it in and try and get my paint guys to work around it the best way they can?

Second question. I'm preping the car by taking everything off and trialering the car to the shop. Question refers to the seal between the front quarter panels and the body. How easy are they to remove and replace - and where are the bolts that attach them?

Thanks for the help.
Old 06-21-2001, 12:00 PM
addictionms
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I pulled and reseated the windows in a 1968 with no problem, so if you are careful, it can be done, so I would do it if I were you.

The seals between the fenders and the chassis at the corners of the windshield are held in by the fender mounting bolts whic you can get to by opening the door and looking in the space between the door and the fender. They are Hex headed and pretty easy to pull out. You may need to also loosen the bolts holding the fender on inside the trunk to get enough slack to get the trim to pull out.

jim

Quick Reply: Painting 73 Targa - help...