Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Manic Mechanic

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2001, 06:04 AM
Stephen Masraum
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eric, you may or may not already know this, but the oil pressure sending unit shouldn't be too bad a job. It looks daunting at first because of the location with the AC compressor in the way and the fact that the wrench needs to go onto the bottom of the unit, but I used a 15/16" craftsman crows foot that I paid ~$5 and could now do the job in about 5-10 minutes (it took 20-30 the first time).
Old 10-24-2001, 06:08 AM
Stephen Masraum
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Something to check on the foglights is that the seals start to leak, water/moisture get's into the lights and then the contacts on the housing rust... no more connection.... no more foglights. I did a bunch of scraping, sanding, filing, used some of the paint that neutralizes rust, scraped that to bare metal and then they worked.
Old 10-24-2001, 07:56 AM
Eric '86 Targa
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stephen,

Thanks. I saw your previous post about the crows foot and will attempt that when I have the money to buy a new sending unit.

I did get one of the fog lights working by cleaning the contacts. I first replaced both lens. The bulb in the other light appears to be shot. I'll probably get to this before the oil pressure sending unit because of the $$$ invloved.

-Eric

Quick Reply: Manic Mechanic