Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Run thru the mountains!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 02:45 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 87 Posts
Cool Run thru the mountains!

I had a time slot this am to go for about a 2hr run. Decided to run upstate to Bear Mountain State Park. Many historic buildings, fantastic views from high up in the Hudson Valley, twisty roads, great straights, etc, etc. One famous road is names 7 Lakes road, just for that reason. I posted some pics of the scenery to give a sense of what it was all about. Was a clear 45 degrees and that 3.2 loved every second of it, just as I did! It's what owning great cars like these is all about!
Attached Images           
Old 01-29-2012, 07:15 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Cool and very beautiful!!!
Old 01-29-2012, 08:20 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by 911 Crazy
Cool and very beautiful!!!
Thanks Tim and note the dash! Under 5k and already at 120! She had so much left in her, but i had to snap and drive thru the approaching curve!!. Was a stellar Porsche day!
Old 01-29-2012, 10:27 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NICE,..now,..give me video.

BEST!

Doyle
Old 01-30-2012, 06:16 AM
Guido911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful roads! Must be incredible, i wish we had such roads over here.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:06 PM
masterdave
Racer

I wish you had posted before hand, I was home for the day and would have loved to join. Be careful up there I got a nasty ticket a few weeks ago right around the entrance to Perkins drive there.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:18 PM
aadrew10
Instructor

I got a good drive in this weekend also, through the Santa Cruz mountains down to Monterey, then hopped over to the glider club in Avenal via Cessna 170.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:42 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by aadrew10
I got a good drive in this weekend also, through the Santa Cruz mountains down to Monterey, then hopped over to the glider club in Avenal via Cessna 170.

Nice! What type of tail is that? Aftermarket??
Old 01-30-2012, 08:43 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by masterdave
I wish you had posted before hand, I was home for the day and would have loved to join. Be careful up there I got a nasty ticket a few weeks ago right around the entrance to Perkins drive there.
V1 saved me *** a few times on RT 9, nothing was up in the mountains though. Would be great to run w/ you . I will hit you up next time. If the weather is good this wknd, I will be sure to do it again.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:45 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by Guido911
Beautiful roads! Must be incredible, i wish we had such roads over here.
Thanks Guido! I've been to your country and all over Europe. You all have the best highways and also great mountain roads. I also wish that in a few hours I can drive to another country, rather than another state!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:46 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by dshepp806
NICE,..now,..give me video.

BEST!

Doyle
haha, Thanks Doyle and will do next time. It's only a 1/2 hr away, so I frequent it often!
Old 01-31-2012, 09:26 AM
Guido911
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SARGEPUG
Thanks Guido! I've been to your country and all over Europe. You all have the best highways and also great mountain roads. I also wish that in a few hours I can drive to another country, rather than another state!
You're welcome .
(Most of) our Belgian highways are nothing compared with those nice flat highways in Germany or The Netherlands for example. I first have to drive approx. 2 hours to get some nice and twisty roads here in the south of Belgium.
And about 2.5hours to get in Germany, i try to go there couple times a year just to enjoy the roads (in the famous black forest) and occasionally to make a quick lap around the Nurburgring Nordschleife. I highly recommend this if you visit germany, because that track is soo much fun.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:22 AM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by Guido911
You're welcome .
(Most of) our Belgian highways are nothing compared with those nice flat highways in Germany or The Netherlands for example. I first have to drive approx. 2 hours to get some nice and twisty roads here in the south of Belgium.
And about 2.5hours to get in Germany, i try to go there couple times a year just to enjoy the roads (in the famous black forest) and occasionally to make a quick lap around the Nurburgring Nordschleife. I highly recommend this if you visit germany, because that track is soo much fun.
That's exactly what I am saying. How great would it be to drive 2.5 hrs to get to Germany! When I do that, I get to Pennsylvania! haha
I've been to Germany as well and was on the Autobahn, don't discredit the Autostrada in Italia! I'm Italian, so I took a two week vacation w/ the wife and visting family from Milano down to Palermo and yes, I drove the whole way!
In Belguim, I've been to Brussels and Bruge.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:55 AM
Guido911
Intermediate

Oh thats nice! So you are familiar with EU Yes, Bruge is probably our best looking city. Hope you enjoyed it.
I have been 2 times in Italia, went to Lake Garda last year in september. And yes indeed, the roads and especially the scenery in the mountains were incredible. Also visited the Mille Miglia Rally back in 2010.

Here is a picture of the scenery when me and my wife did a roadtrip: gotta love the twisty turns. Too bad i wasnt there with the Porsche, i would of needed an extra set of rear-tires

Quick Reply: Run thru the mountains!