Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Oil change, when?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Fonz0
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a PPI done as well and here are my thoughts. PPI is mainly focused on the BIG ticket items. Compression leakdown, etc, are all designed to make certain you have great foundation for your P-car. Other things need to be inspected personally or the consequences lived with. In my case the PPI did not note that the car had had the heater blower removed and that the racing exhaust would not allow a standard hookup for replacing the heating. So I either do without heat or spend $1000 at a shop to have them fabricate the pipes I would need and buy and install the heater blower. The speakers in the car are shot to hell. I am having to replace those. But every day I look at the car and smile knowing that the engine and really important bits are in great shape, which has been verified by my wrench here locally.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:09 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Fonz0
I had a PPI done as well and here are my thoughts. PPI is mainly focused on the BIG ticket items. Compression leakdown, etc, are all designed to make certain you have great foundation for your P-car. Other things need to be inspected personally or the consequences lived with. In my case the PPI did not note that the car had had the heater blower removed and that the racing exhaust would not allow a standard hookup for replacing the heating. So I either do without heat or spend $1000 at a shop to have them fabricate the pipes I would need and buy and install the heater blower. The speakers in the car are shot to hell. I am having to replace those. But every day I look at the car and smile knowing that the engine and really important bits are in great shape, which has been verified by my wrench here locally.
Thanks for the reassurance!
Old 12-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Reiver
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts

Some good advice.
Even the best used car will have issues. You drove it quite a bit with no issues. How did it feel? I guarantee you will find things to fix and you should expect that...that is the norm.
I've had my SC jus a bit longer than you've had your car and have found lots of things to work on, fix upgrade etc but it is still a good car. Solid, unmolested and honest to its mileage.
For me, the fun is making it better, doing it myself...and then driving the pis$ out of it (which I do now actually) altho my good looking lots of tread tires are at their age limits....
Like a lot of guys here I've been refurbing cars since about '75 and if you can drive it 2k miles off the bat it is a good car to start with.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Reiver
Drifting

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts

"Some good advice" on my prior was in ref to the other posted comments.....
It looked pretentious when I reread my comments
Old 12-13-2011, 09:49 AM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Reiver
"Some good advice" on my prior was in ref to the other posted comments.....
It looked pretentious when I reread my comments

Not at all. Really appreciate all the advice people are giving me!

Quick Reply: Oil change, when?