market value/desire of silver/black 83 911sc EURO cabriolet

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 11:43 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,916 Likes on 2,904 Posts
Default market value/desire of silver/black 83 911sc EURO cabriolet

all,

i am looking to buy a 1999 996 however i found out about another car tonight that i might want to buy also which is in idaho thru a personal friend(friend of friend)and wanted to get some feedback.

1983 911sc cabriolet silver w/black leather interior **it is a euro car with the side marker lights on the front fenders. the car has been babied w/95K original miles and looks like it is in excellent condition both exterior and interior. original silver metallic paint and interior, new german fabric top 3 years ago, new clutch at 80K miles, no leaks. electric windows(i've seen some with roll up style), speedo in MPH and overall well documented car. i guesss the only visual difference between it and USA car are the front marker lights on the fenders.

over the years i've seen these cars become more desirable so i was wondering what everone felt the market value was for this car.

i'm in the middle of negotiating and wanted some input which is much appreciated.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:40 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

As you know the 1983 911SC was the first year for a cabriolet 911. As such, there are some issues but nothing insurmountable. The answer to your question is never simple. It depends upon so much. Sadly, however, European miles are hard miles. Many Germans truly drive the snot out of these things (because they can) and then we're out there hoping for a good deal and then wind up trying to sort out the pieces. I would spend a lot of time on my back with such a car--look beneath it for rusting fasteners. Only one year in German winters will be enough to have an impact. Pictures can help us to help you determine a value. With only 95,000 miles I can only assume that it has been sitting a lot of the time. That isn't really good for these cars, either. Cabriolets also are some of the more expensive cars to restore because of the cost of all the little pieces (dried out rubber seals, etc.).

Quick Reply: market value/desire of silver/black 83 911sc EURO cabriolet