Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Rennsport Reunion IV - 1967 911S No. 25 Driven by Neil Tardio...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 02:58 PM
1stgear
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 41 Posts

Awesome video! It was a blast watching it. I felt like I was in the car passing everyone.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:37 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not trying to steal the spotlight from my buddy Neil. But you guys seem to like early cars kicking butt on the track. So here is my video from Rennsport Group 7 (PCA Club Racing). In my 2.5L SS 911ST spec race car.

Enjoy.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Neil Tardio
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chad has the most beautiful car at the track and he is without a doubt one of the best drivers you will see

Neil
Old 10-23-2011, 11:33 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Plavan
I'm not trying to steal the spotlight from my buddy Neil. But you guys seem to like early cars kicking butt on the track. So here is my video from Rennsport Group 7 (PCA Club Racing). In my 2.5L SS 911ST spec race car.

http://vimeo.com/30889164

Enjoy.
Was wondering if you were going to given Behram the chrome (fiberglass) horn. Was hard to tell from the pits how much blocking he was doing. But this was PCA Club Racing and not PRC actual racing, right? I ran a camera out the back of his car, but the file seems to be corrupted. Since you were glued behind him the whole race, if you're interested I can let you know if I'm able to salvage it. Might be an interesting perspective.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:28 AM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
Was wondering if you were going to given Behram the chrome (fiberglass) horn. Was hard to tell from the pits how much blocking he was doing. But this was PCA Club Racing and not PRC actual racing, right? I ran a camera out the back of his car, but the file seems to be corrupted. Since you were glued behind him the whole race, if you're interested I can let you know if I'm able to salvage it. Might be an interesting perspective.
He drove great. Actually no blocking at all. All the 911 Spec guys were great. We were pretty evenly matched. The only crazy driving I saw was the one car we were lapping towards the end. I did not know if he was a new driver, or just out of control.
Yes this was PCA not PRC racing.

Thanks Neil! Are you going to run Chuckwalla in Nov?
Old 10-24-2011, 04:26 AM
Raceboy
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Gotta love the SS 911 engine sound!

I'm putting together a 2.5 SS engine (early aluminium block, 66mm crank, RS 90mm P&C's, S cams, custom ITB's, EFI) with twin turbos. Sort of RSR Turbo/936 engine.

There are guys who rev early 911 engines (with 2.0/2.2 66mm cranks) to 8500+, these engines scream!
Old 10-24-2011, 05:48 PM
chfrank
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Video

Neil, what happened to your video from 8:40 on? I am interested in the next 3 laps of video from your car.

thanks,

Chris
Old 10-24-2011, 11:30 PM
Neil Tardio
5th Gear

The next couple of laps I was kind of alone until a red 914-6 passed me and as I was tracking him down he broke down coming out of turn 5. I was alone again until the leaders in a couple of Poopers and a 72 RSR passed me. We then went on tom lap some back markers and then the raced ended.

Neil
Old 10-25-2011, 08:49 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

He drove great. Actually no blocking at all. All the 911 Spec guys were great. We were pretty evenly matched. The only crazy driving I saw was the one car we were lapping towards the end. I did not know if he was a new driver, or just out of control.
Yes this was PCA not PRC racing.

Thanks Neil! Are you going to run Chuckwalla in Nov?
Just talked to Behram. Said he was doing his best to keep you behind as you were his blocker to keep the 2nd place and beyond Spec 911s off his ***!

Uploading one front cam video from his car now. Still can't un-corrupt the rear cam yet.......
Old 10-26-2011, 03:04 AM
chfrank
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Video Footage

Neil, I was in the 1.7 liter 914-4 that was racing with you when I stuck the throttle at 1/3's. It looks like it happened in turn 2, that is why I wanted to see the rest of the video to see when it broke. I need more time in that car, I had no practice we had the wrong gearing, jets etc, had a bad main seal and sucked a valve cover gasket, our 914-4 is way outclassed with those 170+hp 911 engines. Nightmare weekend for us in many ways. Was fun racing with you , wish I could have finished with you and chased down the Elvas and the rest of the 914/6 GT's, etc.

Chris
Old 10-26-2011, 03:37 AM
August West
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

http://vimeo.com/30889164

Enjoy.

The video telemetry is just about the coolest thing I've ever seen! I love the g-force display...just brilliant. You can see how crazy the Corkscrew can get as you watch the g-force vector go off the charts.

This video will help me a lot as I try to master Laguna Seca...on XBox Forza Motorsports 3, that is...'cause I'm a mere mortal. You guys are nuts.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:55 AM
Neil Tardio
5th Gear

I qualified about 14th and on the warm up lap my throttle stuck wide open. I immediTely shut off the car and fixed the peddle with my right foot and then tried to refire the car. The car wouldn't start and I ended up last before the car would start. Your 1.7 was moving u til you had to stop. Sorry to hear about your weekend but it just reenforces the build of my car. I never built mycarto be fastest or coolest. I built my car to be super
Reliable. Not the most HP or the highest revving but I can put it away and know I. A couple of months when I pull it out next that it will run great and five me very few hassles. With basic matience and some senible choices I've been able to enjoy very steady performance from my little car

Neil
Old 11-13-2011, 09:57 PM
August West
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Neil, a glimpse of your car on the Speedvision channel presentation on RRIV. Re-airs tonight, Midnight Pacific, 3am Eastern...

Quick Reply: Rennsport Reunion IV - 1967 911S No. 25 Driven by Neil Tardio...