Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Porsche 935 Twin Turbo Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 01:32 AM
Darkstar1
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 135 Posts

Nice work Craig.

Welcome to the internet where dolts post dribble on peoples postings so they can increase their post count by big numbers every day. If you look at their recent posts you will see that they rarely really say anything productive. Spam right. But it does keep them off the streets.

Keep posting pictures, never know what the rest of us might learn from them.

Thanks
Old 09-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Darkstar1
Nice work Craig.

Welcome to the internet where dolts post dribble on peoples postings so they can increase their post count by big numbers every day. If you look at their recent posts you will see that they rarely really say anything productive. Spam right. But it does keep them off the streets.

Keep posting pictures, never know what the rest of us might learn from them.

Thanks
And people get pretty brave calling people names behind keyboards, yada, yada, yada. Sure crap spews out from time to time, but to say that anything rarely gets said, that is productive, is just wrong.

I'd say that the comments here have been pretty damned positive. In fact, many have requested more info/pics, of which nothing else has been posted.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Craigs
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the late response and keeping you guys hanging, I have been working late nights trying to keep up with the three projects I have going right now.
I will have this build complete tomorrow, I just have a few hours of finish welding to do and then make new supports for the wastegates. Plans are to put the car on the dyno Saturday and make sure there are no issues before the car leaves early next week for California.
I will post new images tomorrow.
Someone had asked earlier if the car was heading to the Rennsport event, and I confirmed with the customer that this is indeed the event that the car will be attending.
For those of you that wanted to see some images and info about the car, just click on the link bellow.
http://www.pbase.com/bernds_porsche_935s/image/92017247

Thanks again,

Craig Sheffield
Old 09-22-2011, 11:47 PM
Caferacer
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful stuff and a remarkable looking replica. Just so you know Craig, we really appreciate input from folks who do this for a living. You have every right to be proud of your work. This forum succeeds because there is a mutual trust among its members and that it is not being used for commercial gain by folks looking for free advertising. I have learned a ton from the dolts here who have added to their post count by helping me and other neophytes. So feel free to post the dyno results along with the pics tomorrow. In fact, a video of the dyno session is probably appropriate.
Good luck getting it out the door.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:45 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 55 Posts

I'll be at RR. It will be good to hear and see it in person.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:07 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Thank you Craig for updating with the link. That variant class, the "935", holds a very special place in my heart. You are a lucky man to have a car like that in your shop. Please forgive my initial skepticism. ....Oh, and hurry up with the follow up pictures.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:30 AM
mclaudio
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Cool. I can't wait to see this car in Group 4 at RR IV. I'm in the same group with a much less hp car.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:02 AM
g-50cab
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

I've seen this car at HSR before - great looking auto.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Old 09-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Craigs
Intermediate

I had to cut out of work a little early today, so I didn't quite finish everything up, so you will have to wait one more day for photos.
The owner of this car also owns a 800+ horsepower 996 street car. I am also finishing up his sons 944 race car. Images of that build can be seen here. (Click link below)
https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-...rbo-build.html

Thanks again guys,

Craig Sheffield.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:19 PM
Einsteiger
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

I checked out the link. Good Lord, what outstanding fab work. I'm an old NHRA dinosaur from the late 60's so I can really appreciate that kind of work. I think of all the stuff we cobbled together back then.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Craigs
Intermediate

As promised, here are the long awaited photos.

I still need to finish up my wastegate mounts and the wastegate exhaust tubes. I pondered over the wastegate mounts for a few hours today. I was having writers block! but I finally settled on a design that would work with my OCD.
Monday morning we are going to strap her down to the dyno, so hopefully I can find someone who will can shoot and post some video footage for me.

Thanks again,

Craig Sheffield
Old 09-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Absolute ****!!!

Any idea why the left side turbo's oil line takes such a long way around?
Old 09-24-2011, 11:06 PM
Craigs
Intermediate

Originally Posted by amber lamps
Absolute ****!!!

Any idea why the left side turbo's oil line takes such a long way around?
All the plumbing on the car is exactly how it was when it came to me. There are several things I would love to change on the car, but I was only contracted to redo the turbo system.
The oil catch canisters on the turbos are going to need some attention next, It appears they have had several repairs on them already. The JB weld isn't cutting it anymore, but time is pressing to get the car prepped for the Rennsport event, and a transporter is picking the car up next Wednesday.

Craig Sheffield
Old 09-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Craigs
Intermediate

The turbo system is now complete. I spent more time on the wastegate mounts than I did the entire kit (A slight exaggeration)
Hopefully ill have some video tomorrow of the dyno session

Craig Sheffield

Quick Reply: Porsche 935 Twin Turbo Build