Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 12:01 PM
victorltd
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Did I just screw up?

So I found a car:

http://www.porscheofthemainline.com/...ition_id=10426

and inquired here hoping to get some opinions of yes/no or value in forum members prior to making an offer. I got one "it's a very nice car" and nothing more. The next day the car was sold. Interesting timing I think, so I'm wondering if my naivety of exposing the car to the forum cost me a possible deal? If so, how should a less experienced Porsche guy have handled things?

I'm not saying that my big mouth cost me a deal. I'm just not ruling it out. The internet casts a wide net and I'm sure many people saw this car. The timing is a bummer.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:13 PM
g-50cab
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

maybe - keep it to yourself until the deal is done.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:31 PM
victorltd
Rennlist Member

What I should have done was set up a poll for this thread.
Yes or no to the likeliness a fellow rennlister seeing my post and then snagging up the car.
I posted on Sunday and the car sold Monday. I will play my cards much closer the the vest next time and suggest that other newbies learn from my experience. It was a nice car and there are lots of other possibilities for the purchaser to have found it. I'm just made at myself for not having either the experience, confidence in myself or ***** to go with my gut. I'll try and stop whining now.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:57 PM
aualexa2
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts

It may have just been a coincidence. I think getting the opinions of some of the resident experts here will save you a lot of time and money in the long run.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:35 AM
victorltd
Rennlist Member

I think your both right on point.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:57 PM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There are folks on here that would pull the rug out from underneath you, no one in particular and I would think no one who is a regular contributor. However just like in the real world, it's the quiet ones in the corner you need to becareful of. Next time, pull the photos and upload them yourself, also make sure they don't show where the cars at and write the specs yourself. Throw in some BS too that can cause confusion.... Needs tires, out of state, chevy v8 engine etc...
Old 08-17-2011, 09:28 PM
victorltd
Rennlist Member

That's very good advice indeed and it could be the basis of it's own "how to" thread. It's funny though, after sending the link and only getting one response, I started thinking "should not have done that". Whether it happened like that or not, it's won't likely to be repeated by me any time soon.

Quick Reply: Did I just screw up?