Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Clean bill of health!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 07:51 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 87 Posts
Talking Clean bill of health!

I knew it would but you never know. I bought the car from a good friend and just had it checked out by the best Porsche shop on the east coast and beyond. He even services Seinfeld's Porsches! The owner said multiple times that it was a good car and that somebody put a lot of work into it. He drove and inspected the car himself. My friend actually put over $6k of upgrades into it betond what the previous owner did. Just getting little BS things fixed and some personal changes to the tune of $1,200 to $1,500 max. Can't wait to get her back!!!
Old 07-13-2011, 08:07 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doyle
Old 07-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Caferacer
Pro

Would love to know which shop this is. You can PM me if you don't want to make a public endorsement.

Robey
Old 07-13-2011, 11:34 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

I will and tell Cheech I sent you!
Rennwerke Porsche in Elmsford NY!

Last edited by SARGEPUG; 07-14-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:54 PM
Caferacer
Pro

Thanks John. Cheech did my PPI then talked my ear off for half an hour. He couldn't believe I had a picture of Fangio on the wall in my kitchen. I wish he was closer.

Robey
Old 07-14-2011, 09:11 AM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by Caferacer
Thanks John. Cheech did my PPI then talked my ear off for half an hour. He couldn't believe I had a picture of Fangio on the wall in my kitchen. I wish he was closer.

Robey
Haha, that Cheech is a character for sure. Since my home base is in Westchester, he is in a good location for me.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:50 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,120 Likes on 802 Posts

Nothing to Add here that hasnt already been said ,

I dont think the 3.2 is any more robust than an SC, and in fact is an increase in complexity which actually potentially makes it less robust ( relays, sensors, DME's ) but these are quite minor and once understood can be diagnosed fairly easily . But all in all it is pretty minor and if you can stretch it the 3.2 is a great engine with lots of power and as said can be chipped for some moderate gains. The SC on the other hand is realy old school with CIS. if you get one properly tuned your good to go . Head studs can be an issue so make sure you get that checked at point of sale. Other than that rock solid engine

915 vs G-50 ? Coke or Pepsi ? nuff said .. try both

Targa vs coupe ? I have a Targa .. seems to have tones of wind noise coz it is never in the car .. . I love it and the roof spends most most of its days hanging on my garage wall. However i will admit it rattles and squeeks a bit on Bumpy roads when i do have it in , and that may be a consideration for you being in Edmonton and the cooler weather you have.
Targa gives you more headroom in back due to the rake of the rear window on the coupe if its a consideration for kids.

Lots of cars in yor area so talk to some locals.. if no one pops up here go to the regions from the drop down and check out the Canadian forum, fair number of guys from your area on there with all kinds of cars.

All the best
Old 07-14-2011, 02:01 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by theiceman
Nothing to Add here that hasnt already been said ,

I dont think the 3.2 is any more robust than an SC, and in fact is an increase in complexity which actually potentially makes it less robust ( relays, sensors, DME's ) but these are quite minor and once understood can be diagnosed fairly easily . But all in all it is pretty minor and if you can stretch it the 3.2 is a great engine with lots of power and as said can be chipped for some moderate gains. The SC on the other hand is realy old school with CIS. if you get one properly tuned your good to go . Head studs can be an issue so make sure you get that checked at point of sale. Other than that rock solid engine

915 vs G-50 ? Coke or Pepsi ? nuff said .. try both

Targa vs coupe ? I have a Targa .. seems to have tones of wind noise coz it is never in the car .. . I love it and the roof spends most most of its days hanging on my garage wall. However i will admit it rattles and squeeks a bit on Bumpy roads when i do have it in , and that may be a consideration for you being in Edmonton and the cooler weather you have.
Targa gives you more headroom in back due to the rake of the rear window on the coupe if its a consideration for kids.

Lots of cars in yor area so talk to some locals.. if no one pops up here go to the regions from the drop down and check out the Canadian forum, fair number of guys from your area on there with all kinds of cars.

All the best
Wrong thread there iceman!

Quick Reply: Clean bill of health!