Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

pedal adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2001, 03:35 PM
doofdog
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post pedal adjustment

my pedals look differant then all the pics ive seen of others. my accelerator is 4 inches closer to the floor than my brake pedal which is even with my clutch. is this right or does it need adjusting. Its imposible to heel/toe with it the way it is. How is everybody elses set up? is it my other two pedals that need adjusting or the accelerator?
Old 06-29-2001, 04:25 PM
Periokid
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Hey buddy.

It is me. You ALMOST sold me that 86 Carrera. Guess what? I found a car. I now have a 1988 Carrera. Keep in touch! I got my G50 transmission

David
Old 06-29-2001, 04:57 PM
doofdog
AutoX

hey. so glad to hear it! send pics as soon as possible. where did you find it? I found a red targa but it was a mess. I didnt even bother telling you. 14,000$ for an 87. I lifted the rear deck and paint chips fell. The clear coat was comeing off the hood. the targa bar was chipping. the front and rear lids wiggled all over the place. probably in a bad reck. no good. so send pics as soon as you can. also surf over to pelican parts 911 bulliten board great people ther too.
Old 06-29-2001, 05:39 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Another member of the 911turbo.com board sent me this quite a while back as I was having the same problem. This description is for a 78-89 911 Turbo. However, I think that the pedal assemblies may be the same. If anyone knows differently, please let the original poster who placed the question know.

I hope this helps.

The following describes how to adjust the brake pedal to make it lower so that it is more inline with the accelerator. This should work.

The adjustment is easy. Remove your drivers side carpet, pull the accelerator pedal linkage off by one end (the end nearest the pedal itself is easiest) and then the wooden floorboard. You might have to pull the accelerator pedal also. You have to work with the floorboard to get it over the pedals.
You'll see a gold cad plated rod with heim joints on both ends going from the brake pedal to the brake master cylinder lever. Loosen the jamb nuts on it and turn the center connecting rod. Turning it one way lowers the pedal and the other way raises the pedal. It won't take much adjustment. Get it to the height you want, take the car for a spin making sure it's where you want it and you can heel and toe comfortably, tighten the jamb nuts, reassemble everything (although you might want to keep the floorboard and carpet off for awhile to make sure it's really right) and your done. Makes a huge difference on the track and the street.

Quick Reply: pedal adjustment