Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Sources for parts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 06:57 PM
yumyum1667
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sources for parts?

What are some places you guys are using to source some of your parts? I need an oil cam line and my source I have been using has questionable quality control issues on the cam lines so I had to send it back.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:36 PM
yumyum1667
Racer

Thanks for the reply. What is an alternative to Pelican?
Old 07-02-2011, 09:07 PM
chuck v
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

call a major Porsche dealer. I just picked up a master cylinder and pads for my 87 911, in past (930 calipers for a turbo brake upgrade). Try Brumos Porsche.

chuck
Old 07-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Arctic1
Advanced

I have got mine from the following:

Pelican
The Pelican 911 Parts billboard
eBay
LA Porsche Dismantler
Auto Atlanta (Porsche dealer than also has an online parts service)
Stoddards (not great for the SC and later cars)
local Porsche dealer

I use a variety of sources as it seems like one venue does not sell 100 % of everything.

jb
Old 07-03-2011, 09:15 AM
ned903
Intermediate

Like a couple of the others, I check the area dealers (Dallas, Ft. Worth, Houston). I am amazed at what they stock! When you take shipping costs into account, particularly on small parts, they can be substantially less expensive than others. That and immediate availability count for a lot.
ned
Old 07-03-2011, 09:19 AM
ChemMan
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure if they have the part you need but autohaus arizona has good prices and great customer service.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:51 PM
ROG100
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 881 Likes on 338 Posts

I sell mostly European parts – obviously Porsche but also Mercedes, Audi and on and on.
Personal service is why my company is so successful – my current web site is pretty useless and only reflects a small fraction of what we sell World Wide.
I started by specializing in 928 parts, because as a 928 owner I was unhappy with buying from a web site not knowing if what I bought was the right part or not.

The major European wholesalers deliver to me at least two times a day and Porsche once a day.
All parts from Porsche Germany are shipped to me within 3 days or less at no additional cost.

All my customers deal with me by email or phone.
Most of the time you are dealing directly with me at order placement - I own the business and take customer satisfaction very seriously.
Let me know how I can help you?
Roger

Does it have the "Do It Yourself" manual transmission, or the superior "Fully Equipped by Porsche" Automatic Transmission? George Layton March 2014

928 Owners are ".....a secret sect of quietly assured Porsche pragmatists who in near anonymity appreciate the prodigious, easy going prowess of the 928."

Old 07-04-2011, 03:34 AM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

There are no quality control issues with oil cam lines, if you are referring to one you purchased from Pelican. This is a common mistake that is indicated in our catalog. Porsche updated the design of cam lines for the Carrera chain tensioner equipped cars. If you purchase a new oil cam line, you will find that the location of the hard line attachment point has changed - this is on purpose. In order to use this replacement cam oil line, you need to also use the updated hard line that also connects to the chain tensioner itself.

I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of times I've had to explain this issue to some customers.

-Wayne
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

Quick Reply: Sources for parts?