Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC
View Poll Results: Would you allow a guest to bring a loaded firearm into your home
Yes, no conditions
0%
No, no conditions
100.00%
I would offer a place in my gun safe
0%
Don't ask Don't tell, observe all CCW rules on my property
0%
Other
0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Would you let a house guest bring a loaded firearm into your home

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011 | 01:24 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 319 Likes on 207 Posts
Default Poll: Would you let a house guest bring a loaded firearm into your home

I recently had an old friend from college drop in for a few days, and wondered how the rest of you would have reacted to the situation he forced me into. I will try to be as brief as possible.

First off, I have no problem with firearms, and I keep a loaded revolver in my room. I have no children, young or otherwise. My friend was riding cross country on his motorcycle with CCW permit, and likes to ride armed (I don't blame him). In my home he likes to sleep with the weapon next to him on my spare bed. For this particular weekend Some other friends were also staying over, including my father. The cylce rider needed to sleep in the living room on a blow up mattress, which resulted in him moving the firearm into the living room and leaving it on the coffee table. I simply asked him that if he was leaving the gun in the open, to please remove the first round from the chamber (Sig .45 auto, decocking hammer, no "safety"). He completely freaked out, and basically read me the riot act about what a jerk I was being. The end result was my friend overreacting, completely unloading the weapon and putting it away... Whatever, my house, my rules. It does not escape me that a double action pistol with a round in the chamber is not much different than my DA revolver...however I don't leave a loaded revolver on a coffee table under any circumstance.
Old 06-30-2011 | 01:27 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

What an idiot.... Can someone please move this to Off Topic.... That's where I thought I was posting.

Edit: Please don't move to the firearm forum, looking for a more broad perspective.
Old 06-30-2011 | 02:15 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

I copied the thread over to OT and closed this thread. Mods please delete.

Quick Reply: Poll: Would you let a house guest bring a loaded firearm into your home