Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Selling my '86 Cab

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 05:53 PM
Jaws911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Selling my '86 Cab

Guys - the time has come (actually , probably years too late) and I am finally parting with my 1986 Porsche 911 convertible, which i bought 12 years ago( we bought a weekend home on a "carless" island 7 years ago) ) I live in NYC and have an SUV, so two garages@ $500/month? -

The car has about 120 k and had a top end about 10k ago - now runs llike a top and does not smoke. I don't have the all receipts in front of me either, they are held by "Cheech" Fernandez of Rennwerke Porsche (well respected on this & the 356 forum) , the mechanic who has maintained the car since I bought it from him. Basically , I did whatever Cheech suggested was needed - here's is a partial list from memory since i bought it :

Top end (as mentioned above) about 10k miles ago (valve guides/ burning too much oil - it burns none now),
new clutch,
new wiring harness,
new starter,
new top,
upgraded oil cooler w/ manual fan switch).
new windshield (just placed this spring)

Triple black, power windows and seats, AM/FM/CD player (Original Fuchs wheels. Removable rollbar available.

The A/C does not work (compressor) . No evidence of rust. Some nicks and scratches but basically in great shape, tho no a garage queen, and a blast to drive. I will post pictures when i figure out how, and as well list in the classified.

I know this is bit of a half baked post, but to be honest, I've been dragging my feet around doing this for so long, I just needed to bite the bullet and get started - I never get to drive it anymore, really have no good place to store it, but I don't need to explain to this group how difficult it is to let go (BTW, where else might I list this? Any good thoughts would be appreciated).

PM me for more info _ and thanks for all the info over the years:
Old 06-21-2011, 07:54 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,120 Likes on 802 Posts

If posting a for sale you are required to post a price ..

GLWS
Old 06-22-2011, 12:25 AM
Jaws911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry , As I said , i posted in haste to just bite the bullet & get it started - I'm posting it here and elsewhere for 19.5k , I think (hope) that the market for these cars is not as shabby as the past few years.

I"ll post more detailed info as well, and would entertain reasonable offers, esp. from this enthusiast group, but I have no need or desire to "give it away".

Thanks for the heads up...

Quick Reply: Selling my '86 Cab