Attention M491 Owners...NADA Value of Option

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 07:03 PM
agfours
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Attention M491 Owners...NADA Value of Option

Also posted on Pelican BB...

I recently had been working with my insurance company on properly valuing my daily driver M491 FTL - (can't get collector car insurance as a DD). However, seems that Kelley's Blue Book and NADA have been somewhat deficient in properly allowing the selection of the 'Wide Body Option' package in their books and online. If you go to the classic car section of the NADA site, the only year model that allows you to select the option is 1986, and gives value of this option at $4500 for that year model. However it does not allow selection for the 1984, 1985, 1987-1989 models.

The rep suggested that we put additional valuation in the stated value by including 'aftermarket options' (which is not technically correct,) and that this is the only way to prop up the value appropriately.

The representative mentioned during our discussion that they use NADA as one reference for the actual cash value.

Well, that put me on a crusade to contact NADA and get this option properly selectable for 1984-1989 per documents discussed here on this forum.

I contacted NADA, and they asked me to provide materials that I mentioned in the email petition. So, I provided COA's, reference to Norbert's Turbo-Look site, VIN lookup tool, the Porsche production number sheet(s), and link to the 11 page thread on the subject in this BB.

I've received a response (almost immediately) that they will review the information and update based on their review if agreed.

So, hopefully this will help us get proper recognition for value when stated and actual cash values are the basis for insurance on our daily driver M491's!

I'll keep you all posted!

Quick Reply: Attention M491 Owners...NADA Value of Option