Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Planning to rework the interior,..1989

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 09:18 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink Planning to rework the interior,..1989

My 1989's interior is a bit worn (seats, mainly),..all else looks quite OK...I'll snap some pics for the group when I get my camera back this weekend. Having reviewed the MANY threads here and other places, I'm aware of the sources for this endeavor.

I recently rx'd a sample patch from a (noted) vendor for my interior (she's a Silver Annivessary Edition, so LINEN is the coded material),..and MAN, is it lighter, relative to the ar's patina! I moved this swatch all over the interior (for comparative background color match) , ultimately, determining that one would HAVE to redo the entire interior, so as to match. This swatch is quite lite.......geeze,..if I were to do the seats (alone), they surely would not match the remaining interior due (I guess) to the aging of the remainder of the car's interior due to the NEW material's "brightness"....(if you will)....has anyone come across this before,...? And, if so, any guidance here? Can different manufacturer's (alledged) German materials be a bit different, in terms of color and (moreso) brightness?

I'll get the pics as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Doyle
Old 05-31-2011, 09:34 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Doyle,
This will be a rewarding project so enjoy!

Yes, colors and tint vary from lot to lot even from the same manufacturer. Add to that the sun's effects on the interior and it makes it even more difficult to match.

Light colors are even more difficult. Try matching a tan interior!

This is why I have stuck with black interiors

Quick Reply: Planning to rework the interior,..1989