HELP! Clutch problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 05:05 PM
axl911
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Post HELP! Clutch problem

Hi all,

This problem is frustrating me. Any reason why my 92 C2 (G50) clutch would be light sometimes and heavy other? When it's heavy, it feels gritty and does not want to return when fully depressed.

It feels light if the car sits for several days, but will feel heavy again after a short drive.

I've replace the master and slave cylinder and the flexible hydralic line. Bled the clutch carefully with a power bleeder. There is no binding on the pedal cluster, and there is no play on the roll pin?

The clutch was replaced by the previous owner last year along /w the pressure plate and throwout bearing.

Any idea why this is hapenning besides spending $1K to check the clutch.

If the fork or guide tube is seizing up, then it should be heavy all the time right?

Pls help.

thanks,
anthony
Old 12-30-2002, 09:32 PM
quicksilver
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like the needle bearings for the release forks cross shaft need to be relubed. It is a fairly sinple process but it is also a bit of a pain.

I had a similar problem until I stopped using a generic hi-temp moly lube and switched to Swepco Moly. The problem was notibly worse after long drives that really heated things up.

Wayne

Quick Reply: HELP! Clutch problem