Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

What do you know about these wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 05:05 AM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

cool thread... glad you got your fuel problems worked out.

DE is the best way to shake out an old car... if it survives, its good for a long drive. Just make sure you make friends (owning a flat bed )while at the track .

Just for the hell of it, I saw this on ebay, suppose to be real BBS.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BBS-w...item3cb8a435d8
Old 08-08-2011, 11:15 AM
bluetick
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hhhmm. I was going to risk the road trip before the DE.... AAA would come get the car on the road. I wonder if they'd pick it up from the road course at Memphis International Raceway as well.

The wheels in the link look like mine, except mine are stamped Rial. I like Fuchs, but these have definitely grown on me.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:07 PM
bluetick
Instructor

The Benetton steering wheel has finally been replaced with a Momo Mod 07. The mild dish shape of the new wheel is a perfect fit for me. The Benetton was a bit of a reach from my seat position. Now I can rest my left arm comfortably on the armrest and hold the steering wheel when conditions allow.

The a/c has decided to work intermittently. I hope to get that resolved later today. If so, my road trip to San Antonio starting tomorrow after work should be a go.

I wonder if that four day 1,500+ mile ride would make for an interesting thread of its own.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:51 AM
MSHii
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's funny how this whole thread started with a question of what wheels you have! I like your 911 a lot, and it's good to hear how you've been enjoying it over the past few months.

I was going to say your wheels are Rials too. Rial Mesh is what they were called. I remember looking at them in the old black and white Tire Rack ads in Road and Track when I was a lot younger. I'll see if I have an old ad to add to the thread.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:47 PM
bluetick
Instructor

Originally Posted by MSHii
It's funny how this whole thread started with a question of what wheels you have! I like your 911 a lot, and it's good to hear how you've been enjoying it over the past few months.

I was going to say your wheels are Rials too. Rial Mesh is what they were called. I remember looking at them in the old black and white Tire Rack ads in Road and Track when I was a lot younger. I'll see if I have an old ad to add to the thread.

Thanks for the comments.

Meanwhile, my wife and I took the car on a little 2500+ km drive from Memphis to Boerne, TX over the weekend to visit her mom. The car performed nicely (mostly yucky interstate driving). The "factory" air conditioning was not up to the task 100+ temperatures though. Our knees stayed nice and cool but the rest of both of us remained miserable. I probably need to stick some money into upgrades for the a/c between and next may (maybe some new vents from Griffiths for starters).

A check of the oil as recently as the last fuel stop on th way home revealed no discernable oil loss. Also, the oil (changed maybe 3,000 miles ago, right before I took delivery in May) looks very fresh and clean - I wonder if this is normal.

It rained on us some on the way home yesterday. I noticed today what looks like oil spray on the left side wheels and along the lower left side of the car (didn't look for this on the passenger side yet). Hopefully it is grime from the rain/road and not indicative of a leak or something.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:33 PM
kusee pee
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good thread. Coming back to the start, I also have Rials on my SC and like the look a lot. I'm going to get them refurbed and colour the centres. Probably gold or white but I also have a hankering for something more garish.

Edit to add, not the car in the avatar, that's on BBS

Quick Reply: What do you know about these wheels?