Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

'73 RSR clone....'89 platform

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,087 Likes on 406 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon123
Busta Rib....thanks for the info. I had figured on the wheels.....but really did not consider the exhaust, because 'loud and drone' would make my wife miserable and when shes not happy, nobody is happy.

I should have bought that car you bought when I had the chance (lol).....that guy in Tahoe keeps begging me to buy his widebody....I would have probably already done so, but the burgundy interior is far from first choice on colors. Did you ever get to the point of driving the one in Tahoe ?
I had a B&B exhaust on a BMW and the loudness on throttle was bad but not as bad as the droning (from 1000-3000 RPM). It drove me nuts. And my girlfriend at the time could hear me coming to her house from a couple blocks away. Never again.

I never drove the car in Tahoe. It is nice, but at the time the owner said it had fiberglass flares. The ad has since been updated to state it has steel flares. And I didn't like the boxed rockers. I'm wondering if you could just remove them. Interior wasn't pretty but you can always swap in a new interior. It's only money. I really liked the RUF wheels and all the motor and brake upgrades seemed good. If you could pick it up for $20K, it might be worth it, but I think he is asking ~$26K, which is why it has been on the market for months. Admittedly, I was tempted.

Best of luck in your search. I will ping you if I come across a widebody. I think we have similar tastes and appreciation for a wide ride.

Jim
Old 04-19-2011, 11:30 PM
Shannon123
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
I really liked the RUF wheels and all the motor and brake upgrades seemed good. If you could pick it up for $20K, it might be worth it, but I think he is asking ~$26K, which is why it has been on the market for months. Admittedly, I was tempted.

Jim
Actually....I think its been on the market for about 16 months....he told me he bumped the price from 23k area to 25k+ due to looking back at everything that had been done to the car....i looked through the engine upgrades and while I was initially intrigued by them, I realized they were done 20 years ago !! Consequently, I've held off on letting myself get too excited about it. Its been a good thing since I've learned tons about myself and P-cars in the process.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:15 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by whalebird
What kind of SL? I've had tons of Mercedes experience, probably more than Porsche over the years.
In my mind, the SLs are cool cars, all of them were purpose built but there may be a few versions to avoid. The mid seventies 450 and the early eighties 380 come to mind.
If it has the dual row timing chain update you're good on a early 3.8 107

Quick Reply: '73 RSR clone....'89 platform