Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Shift linkage broken

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 05:25 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

#24 (cup) is bad? or the end of #25, the shift rod? Can you assemble the cup onto the rod inside the tunnel? In any case, I don't envy you guys.

Not to hijack, but my friend with the SC from hell called again. He needs a cluch, and I happen to have that barely used one with only a few hundred K miles on it, and a practically new to fork. This is the SC that failed smog badly, and then somehow passed when he put the sign of the cross on it, and threw holy water at it. I think life is interesting when you help a friend fix his Porsche. Never know what will happen I think is my point...
Old 04-11-2011, 06:23 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,153 Likes on 826 Posts

No Rus the end of the rod is torn out. If he hasn't fixed it yet I will get thim to take a pic .
yeah sell him your old Clutch .. sounds like it will out last his car at this rate

Last edited by theiceman; 04-12-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:31 AM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

I was planning on just giving him the clutch and TO fork - I could not sell it to anyone! Haha
Old 04-12-2011, 12:56 AM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IDK rus...there's always a guy who killed his clutch by bolting 17" turbo twists on a SC...
Old 04-12-2011, 01:08 AM
2specs
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading this I'm gonna shift like a geezer (+70).
Old 04-12-2011, 01:43 AM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by whalebird
IDK rus...there's always a guy who killed his clutch by bolting 17" turbo twists on a SC...
Again, not to hijack - Ice, I would love to see the pic.

WB, you'd never guess what I've been doing. I got an old 4wd tractor and I've been discing property that we own with it. I did like 30 acres. I figured out that the rear tires are not stock - too short, and that's why the front tires are bald. This thing is huge, and I've learned more about fixing hydraulic leaks than I'd ever imagine. It pulls like one of those tractor pull tractors.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:00 AM
whalebird
Race Car

What fun Rus. I'm looking for a tractor myself...something small ~40hp. 4WD is a must especially if you have a bucket on the front. I ran across a few ford N series(8N, 9N etc) but they are OLD and need everything.
Having some "agrarian" activity is fulfilling. What are you going to plant?
Old 04-12-2011, 01:16 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

I'm just clearing it for fire control. The property has a lot of things going on, and it's interesting for sure. Last year we put on a pumpkin patch with rides and food, and I'm using a scraper to clean that area up. I'm using a disc, which is a form of tillage, on the rest. The tractor is a Ford 7810. I've rented bucket haulers and backhoes before very cheaply. I had to avoid an area where birds were nesting on the ground. Now I've got scads of little chicks running around. I'm afraid the crows will eat them. And then there are the field mice, which are food for a hawk that likes to hover about 15 feet above me as I drive.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:04 PM
whalebird
Race Car

That is a big tractor. Is it enclosed?
We too have about 30 acres around us covering a ridgeline above the house. No active farming at this time. Tractor duties include scraping the 1/4 mile gravel drive and pulling timber out of the woods.
How boring life would be without a litlle participation in mother nature.
I keep a few well stocked birdfeeders on the deck to maintain a healthy songbird population only because I get a kick out of watching the hawks and falcons pick' em off.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:47 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Yeah, the tractor is a beast. Not enclosed, but that's ok because I have to haul it out to the site. You've got a long driveway! A box scraper works best with some sort of hydraulic arm that can push down. I saw a crow kill and eat the mice as I was discing around. That was gross. And I ran over tons of frogs, and almost crushed a cat that I couldn't see.

Quick Reply: Shift linkage broken