Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

911 headlight probs

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2002, 12:56 PM
robbo
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 911 headlight probs

The headlights on my 87 911 are not operating consistently. Sometimes they come on and other times they do not operate. The flash feature does operate all the time. Any ideas on what to look at?? Thanks
Old 10-25-2002, 01:35 PM
jlkline
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Intermittent problems are a real PITA, aren't they? A wiring diagram would be helpful. I use the ones in the Haynes manual for nearly all of my electrical work.

Could be the headlight switch itself, dirty connections to the fuses, lights, or connection points inbetween. Wet weather can also contribute. Just last night, I noticed my right side bright wasn't working, so I fugured it was the bulb, so I removed the heeadlight, pulled the bulb (nice, tight connection), did a continuity check on it, and it tested fine. Power was present at the contact as well. So put it back and it worked fine...just a little invisible corrsion or something.

WARNING: If you change the switch or disconnect the battery first! It carries a lot of amperage all the time. I once hit a ground while widthdrawing the switch and almost toasted the main harness.

Quick Reply: 911 headlight probs