Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

88 Targa @ Truspeed...feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 06:44 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Drifting

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

For that asking price, I would not settle for anything less than a perfect example. Rock chips in my book on original paint would still qualify as a perfect example if everything else is in great shape.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:07 PM
quincydog
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True, resprays are not the end of the world...but w00t said it perfectly...for that asking price one should not settle for anything less than perfect. The PPI folks used a paint meter and found excessive depth on the hood, plus the paint was not a 100% match and it was obvious to the naked eye. There could be fading over time that will make the color differences that more obvious. The rear deck lid did have a tail which was either removed (per the dealer, after the fact) or the deck lid was replaced (per the PPI folks). At that point in the conversation, I was just sour on the deal as I was told the paint was all 100% by the salesperson. Not a huge deal, searching is half the fun, but I thought I would be in the driver's seat sooner rather than later.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:12 PM
vracer
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

FWIW, I had a long talk with the guy in Alexandria. Since I just bought a very expensive car, neither of us was trying to BS the other. The car is green/(cork?). I wish I had still been an available buyer. Keith Martin says, "You can't pay too much; you can only buy too early".

Quick Reply: 88 Targa @ Truspeed...feedback?