Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

FS: My '89 911 Cab

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011 | 04:54 AM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

Default FS: My '89 911 Cab

Hi all,

I hope I'm not violating forum rules by posting about my car. If so, I apologize to the mods, feel free to delete the thread

So, I recently purchased a 993 C4S to replace my '89 911 cab, which has been my DD since I purchased it NEW in Dec, 1988.

If there is interest, I will post more details, but here is a quick rundown of the car's highlights:

The car is an '89 911 Cab, "25th anniversary model," blue on blue. Highlights of the anniversary package include: blue metallic paint with wheels painted to the same color, FULL LEATHER blue interior, plush carpeting, 8-way heated electric seats, fully automatic top, CD player with 6-cd stacker, digital thermometer (the leather wrapped center console is thus very unique for the 911 model, with the CD player, CD stacker & digital thermometer). The anniversary model (and the car in general) includes several other desirable features.

The car has 144,000 km (~89,000 miles) and is in virtually perfect working order. I've serviced the car regularly since new and have a record of all major services. I recently had the roof replaced at a cost of $3k. The interior/exterior are both in fabulous condition: no major (or minor, for that matter) dents/scratches to the exterior, not a spec of rust anywhere on the car, and the interior is virtually mint, with no cracks/scratches/major wear in ANY of the leather aside from very minor wear to the driver's seat.

The car has been in one major accident in 1990. The claim was $48,000, as I insisted that my insurance company replace all parts with new original parts (as the car was practically new at the time). A big claim - no doubt - but it was over 20 years ago and it's safe to say that the car "made it out alive."

I'm in no rush to get rid of the car, but now that I have my 993 coupe (which I finally purchased after coveting for the last several years), my wife is haggling me to unload the '89.

I'm asking $25k firm. As a final "sales pitch," I can honestly say that this is one of the finest 911s you're likely to see: it is in virtually perfect working order, has only had one owner (myself), and is in that sense virtually one-of-a-kind.

I assume that any prospective buyer would perform a PPI. I will cover the cost of the PPI for anybody who follows through (i.e purchases the car).

I've attached a few photos of the car (some with my son) below. I'm located in Vancouver, Canada (the car has never left the Vancouver area, where we have a very mild year-round climate).

If anybody is interested, please feel free to PM me. Also, any other comments would be appreciated!

Thanks, and again, I hope I haven't violated forum rules!

(Wheels in photos are my summers)

Last edited by asofine; 01-30-2011 at 05:13 AM.
Old 01-30-2011 | 07:22 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

nice car, but i believe you have to be a paying member to post a for sale ad here....

as a (recently former vancouverite) will not comment on your price but it is difficult to sell a car south of the border (which i did)....and so you may be best focused on canada side marketplace imo, there are canada forums here

good luck..........
Old 01-31-2011 | 11:20 AM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

Now a paying member!

Thanks!
Old 01-31-2011 | 01:43 PM
oldskewel
Burning Brakes

Too bad you already bought the 993. If you only had $3000 in cash you could have traded up:
https://rennlist.com/forums/911-foru...996-993-a.html

The car looks nice. Good luck with the sale.
Old 02-03-2011 | 04:41 PM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

Friendly bump
Old 02-11-2011 | 11:26 PM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

bump

Quick Reply: FS: My '89 911 Cab