Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

When life gives you lemons........

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 03:34 PM
AGW911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When life gives you lemons........

Well, I've been back for a few months now and finally got some time to start looking at the car and what I need to do to the body before paint.

I already know that the front suspension pan needed replacing, not a big deal. Luckily I am within driving distance of Restoration Design, so I can drive down and pick up some parts.

Today I got poking around and found a really bad spot. Looks like a partial passenger side floor replacement, inner and outer rockers and who knows what else. Sorry for the poor photo, took it with my phone since the camera was charging.

I'm not going to turn back though. I'll probably be on here quite a bit looking for advice in the next little while, but I will assess this rot first and move forward.

So far everything else seems solid, but time will tell. If anyone has links to a documented process to follow when replacing these parts it would be much appreciated. If you see something else in the pic I am missing please comment.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:03 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Good to have you back, and good luck! You may try the Pelican body work forum. I'm clueless on this stuff. "500's" write-up on the front pan is superb!!
Old 01-23-2011, 09:42 PM
AGW911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will definitely look that up. Thanks!!

Quick Reply: When life gives you lemons........