Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Car Shippers & Got my Porsche (long post)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2001, 09:59 PM
Barrier
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Car Shippers & Got my Porsche (long post)

Well after 5 weeks, numerous lies, misrepresntations I finally received my "84 Carrera. I love the car, it came to me in one piece which is good but I would never reccomend the shipper AAAdvantage (car movers.com). At first they claimed to have picked up the car,said it was in their terminal in Ca. then the Prior Owner E-mailed to tell me the car was ready when will it be picked. He then called them they also told him it was in their Terminal, he was in fact looking at it in his driveway. When I told them to forget it (they had my credit card payment for a week at that point)suddenly they arrived to pick it up. For the next 4 weeks they told me different tales each time I called. They gave me 3 different arrival dates at their NJ Terminal. When it finally arrived in NJ which is not that far from me ( Long Island, NY ) it took 5 days to be delivered to me. By the way they then told me I could "pick it up myself"in NJ, but would not refund the price difference.
Not a good experience, but I love the car.
Lew
Old 06-18-2001, 07:36 PM
GeorgeMa
Intermediate

Question

Originally posted by Barrier:
<STRONG>Well after 5 weeks, numerous lies, misrepresntations I finally received my "84 Carrera. I love the car, it came to me in one piece which is good but I would never reccomend the shipper AAAdvantage (car movers.com). At first they claimed to have picked up the car,said it was in their terminal in Ca. then the Prior Owner E-mailed to tell me the car was ready when will it be picked. He then called them they also told him it was in their Terminal, he was in fact looking at it in his driveway. When I told them to forget it (they had my credit card payment for a week at that point)suddenly they arrived to pick it up. For the next 4 weeks they told me different tales each time I called. They gave me 3 different arrival dates at their NJ Terminal. When it finally arrived in NJ which is not that far from me ( Long Island, NY ) it took 5 days to be delivered to me. By the way they then told me I could "pick it up myself"in NJ, but would not refund the price difference.
Not a good experience, but I love the car.
Lew</STRONG>
Old 06-18-2001, 07:38 PM
GeorgeMa
Intermediate

Please tell us what you bought. Sorry about the previous message, first time using reply.
Old 06-19-2001, 07:55 AM
Barrier
2nd Gear

Wink

The car is an '84 Carrera, sunroof, LSD,
spoilers. Bronze color not the light bronze ( I'm still trying to find paint code, labels are missing), 93k miles, California car. High Performance Auto in Ca did a PPI and said the car was good with high, uniform compression, good syncros a "nice car, strong engine". Paint has numerous chips and parking dings but looks pretty good. I bought it sight unseen and I did find some surprises. No tool kit,( PO said it was there), missing some bits and pieces A/C not working, torn passenger seat, but thats to be expected. I'm just getting to know everything and sorting things out. This will be a daily driver. Very different from the 944 & 928S I've owned.
Barrier
Lew

Quick Reply: Car Shippers & Got my Porsche (long post)