Dansk sport exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2001, 05:03 PM
84 911
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dansk sport exhaust

Since I am thinking about buying a Dansk
sport exhaust (single outlet) for my 84 911, I would like to hear how dansk owners feel about this product.
Old 06-16-2001, 03:51 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Have had two Dansk sport mufflers on my '87 Carrera. originally wanted to go with dual in, dual out, but could not obtain part at the time of upgrade to SSI exchangers. Single outlet has nice exhaust note, it definately not too loud, but performance is not really different from OEM muffler. About one year later, I switched to Dansk dual in, dual out. Internal resonance is loud (perhaps uncomfortable for some), external exhaust note is not too loud. Performance is signicantly better. With reduced back pressure, the engine revs more freely, especially between 4,000 RPM and redline, which I frequently pass (though not to the point of over winding the engine).

I have been pleased with both Dansk mufflers, more so with the dual outlet. If I were doing this again, I would check the pricing on the Fabspeed custom made mufflers, which (from their web advertising) seems to be a superior product.

Good luck.

Richard.

Quick Reply: Dansk sport exhaust