Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Intermittent problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 12:35 AM
stay6
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent problem

I took my 84 911 with 79K miles for a 45 mile round trip the other day and after half way back on the return all of a sudden there was a loss of power and the engine just seemed to die. I was able to get it back to running properly with a little pumping of the accelerator. I don't really have a clue if that had anything to do with it, we just always did that in the old days. I'm not retired but probably should be. Anyway, after about another 10 miles of highway driving all of a sudden another similar episode and this lasted about 15 seconds also and the same pumping of the accelerator and it went away I made it back to the house and had to park it as I was out of time. That was on Nov.3 and I have been on business since and will return on the 13th for the first time. My knee jerk reaction is electrical because I always keep fresh gas in it. I am in an area where the nearest dealer is 70 miles away and have not found anyone local that I trust. If any of you have suggestions I would be interested in what you have to say.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:23 AM
GT9111
Burning Brakes

When was the last time you replaced the DME relay?
Old 11-15-2010, 02:40 PM
stay6
Intermediate

Thanks for your response, it has been 5 years since the last relay. I will install another relay immediately.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:43 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

it could be the CHT sensor
keep a paperclip taped to your spare dme relay .. if it starts acting up after the car has warmed up jumper out your CHT sensor with a paperclip . if that solves it your CHT sensor is bad

Quick Reply: Intermittent problem