Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Any ideas on this.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 06:35 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like BG 44K for cleaning dirty fuel systems, but nothing is as good as sending them in or replacing injectors. +1 not a good idea to exceed manf prescribed concentration.

A lot of fuel pumps have failed due to our sh+tty gas nowdays. And cis has those iron FDs......

I would be curious as to fuel pressure.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:54 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
I'd fully expect to have a poorly running car if I put 2.5X the amount of Techron for a given volume. I only add the stuff at the gas station prior to filling up.
Understood, Ed. I "fully" aware of the mistake....and I've learned to expect the same. That's what the (my) "dumbarse" remark was referring to (BTW,..not to be redundant)////////////////////

For the sake of info, what would cause this (as related to the Techron)? (that is, on a technical level).

Trust me, Ed. I've learned,..no more,...no more...(bet those injectors are as clean as can be, barring send out to a rework company. I'm considering, as their 21 years old......I wouldn't think they act "as fine wine would"....

As always, THANKS!

Best,

Doyle
Old 11-08-2010, 06:57 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rusnak
I like BG 44K for cleaning dirty fuel systems, but nothing is as good as sending them in or replacing injectors. +1 not a good idea to exceed manf prescribed concentration.

A lot of fuel pumps have failed due to our sh+tty gas nowdays. And cis has those iron FDs......

Rusnak,

I plan to get the fuel leak fixed,..attach a brand new fuel pump,..then quanity my pressures (all of 'em) as a start baseline kinda' thing.....as well would hope to get these same measurements BEFORE the changeout so as to quantify my present 21 year old arrangement....before touching it.

Many thanks!

Doyle
Old 11-08-2010, 06:58 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by rusnak

Using too much concentrate can also kill a weak fuel system. I did this on a bike years ago using BG44K and it almost dissolved the fuel lines and float seals.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:41 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's why you don't use too much.

Doyle, you can use a fairly simple fuel pressure gauge and jumper the dme socket to run a quantity test.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:17 AM
stahwille
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up i d about what

Hey muss, check fuel pump fuse and terminals for tight fit. They all melt, even the wire into and from. If that terminal is good then go to fuel pump relay terminals. Remove relay and check for tight fit. (two fuel pumps = two red relays ) they melt with out prejudice also. As for the thechron , unlike 6k other things, It works. good luck and safe motoring MJ>
Old 11-09-2010, 06:41 AM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Rusnak,

I hope to get myself a gauge and test the fuel parameters (volume and pressures). I made the DME jumper long ago, but never used it.

Thanks!
Old 11-13-2010, 06:18 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

I was messing with it today. Runs ok then the idle comes down and coughed and sputtered but still ran. Pulled the front pump relay and it quit. Put it back in and pulled the rear relay and ran the same. I think its rear pump wiring or the rear f pump is on its way out. I will get into it tomorrow. I ran out of time today.

Quick Reply: Any ideas on this.