Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott C
Please don't feed the troll
Classic
Old 10-09-2010, 09:00 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0x-zmT_O68

Watch out for busy bee
Old 10-09-2010, 10:34 PM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE

Watch out for busy bee[/QUOTE]

jpnese muscle (tt supras, skylines tend to rule the roads.............)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmNy-ajRV0U
Old 10-11-2010, 10:27 AM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Years ago at an IMSA event at Road Atlanta, there was a bike race the Saturday before our Supercar/GTP race. I watched those guys go around and was bored, bikes are not much fun to watch live IMO, I kept an eye on the leader with a lap timer, and they were no faster than our Supercar (965).
Don't get me wrong, they are fast, especially on the street. Not unlike a V8 Mustang-still the best "pony" car. The street vs. track environment is worlds apart. The track separates the sheep from the goats. Thats why I hold no stock in any kind of street racing and am outspoken against it really. I know most level headed experienced drivers who know their and their cars limitations are safe...but thats rare.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:34 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my AMA roadracing licence and use to race at Loudon international speedway and bridgehamton in long island NY when it was open.. Bikes are a blast to race and to watch. You are going head to head with someone at 140-170mph going into turn one and you can reach out and touch the guy. It is true that a good set up car should go around a track faster. The reason being is the bike cannot hold g's a car can. The car will always go around the turns faster( set up right). The bike will make up speed in the straights.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:05 AM
RedShadow
Instructor

Originally Posted by Scott C
Please don't feed the troll
Now, now - play nice in the sandpit.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:25 AM
RedShadow
Instructor

Originally Posted by whalebird
Years ago at an IMSA event at Road Atlanta, there was a bike race the Saturday before our Supercar/GTP race. I watched those guys go around and was bored, bikes are not much fun to watch live IMO, I kept an eye on the leader with a lap timer, and they were no faster than our Supercar (965).
Don't get me wrong, they are fast, especially on the street. Not unlike a V8 Mustang-still the best "pony" car. The street vs. track environment is worlds apart. The track separates the sheep from the goats. Thats why I hold no stock in any kind of street racing and am outspoken against it really. I know most level headed experienced drivers who know their and their cars limitations are safe...but thats rare.
Agree, street racing is very dangerous, but come on.... Seriously, are you saying you've never put your foot down in your Porsche on a public road...? Never had a street light temptation...? Never been on a quiet road with tons of visibilty and not thought, yeah, let's have some fun...? I do not believe anyone who claims this.

I remember the guy I bought my first Porsche from was doing 75mph through suburbia. Crazy, but no one was killed. Never done that myself but I've been 185mph on the autobahn in Germany - passing other traffic travelling far slower. Speed is relative to your environment (and local police). Have fun in your Porsche.

Never done a track day. Doesn't appeal to me at all. That's where the really crazy drivers are.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:34 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

In high school I thought I had the fastest car on the planet. It was a '64 barracuda with a 318shortblock and 340 heads. it had the Hookers, the tunnel ram, the cam, and the Holley and a Hurst ram-rod.

I was left in the dust by a woman in a 450SL. Almost had to cry. Gone.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:39 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RedShadow
Agree, street racing is very dangerous, but come on.... Seriously, are you saying you've never put your foot down in your Porsche on a public road...? Never had a street light temptation...? Never been on a quiet road with tons of visibilty and not thought, yeah, let's have some fun...? I do not believe anyone who claims this.

I remember the guy I bought my first Porsche from was doing 75mph through suburbia. Crazy, but no one was killed. Never done that myself but I've been 185mph on the autobahn in Germany - passing other traffic travelling far slower. Speed is relative to your environment (and local police). Have fun in your Porsche.

Never done a track day. Doesn't appeal to me at all. That's where the really crazy drivers are.
Hey idiot, pay attention to the end of thesecond video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ-FWx-B64o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81TM8O2YKcw
Old 11-04-2010, 06:21 AM
RedShadow
Instructor

[QUOTE=amber lamps;8028354]Hey idiot, pay attention to the end of thesecond video:

No name calling please. Follow the directions under support for ignoring posts if my posts offend you. Thanks.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:52 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

A few comments from the cheap seats:

1. Street racing is seldom condoned on RL. Discussions surrounding it and its advocates usually ends up the same, every time. In other words, some things are better left unsaid.

2. I would disagree with the statement:
Never done a track day. Doesn't appeal to me at all. That's where the really crazy drivers are
I don't recall reading discussions or speaking with people who have experienced "crazy drivers" at a DE event.
I would invite you to visit the Racing/DE forum and read some posts from some very experienced DE instructors, CI's, Club Racers before making such statements.

3. Doug, before using the term "idiot".... let's just say "people in glass houses...."
Old 11-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Well, I guess I am a crazy driver then, too. Wow. I didn't think I was fast enough to receive such an honorable label.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:57 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thread re-opened, Added this Public Service Announcement ... by request, Thread re-closed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7iUKaPlBl8

Quick Reply: Nice street race...