Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Screwed up my fan?!?! <<<now with Pics>>>

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 10:46 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,160 Likes on 831 Posts

this is definitely one of those feel adjustments.. no fancy procedures needed , you just have to learn it .. thisis why I say this is doemthing you do in your driveway before you end up at the side of the road in the middle of the night doing it for the first time.. when that out pulley is seated you will know it .. if you puh it in and id squishy you are bending a shim.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:55 PM
Tango635
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott C
No $hit!

I was wondering specifically..... Pulley half not torqued enough, not enough shims, wrong belt,...... E) All of the above?
I think it was mainly that the outer pulley was stuck at an angle not perpendicular to the shaft. The fit as you probably now is a slip fit, very close tolerance, and it was going to eat through anything to get perpendicular. The material on the outer pulley was hardly damaged, but as you can see, the fan was eaten up big time.

I ordered a new outer pulley this morning and I took the fan off this evening. Polished the fan with steel wool to make me feel better. Well that and a few Leffes, my current beer too.

Quick Reply: Screwed up my fan?!?! <<<now with Pics>>>