Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

PCA and Local Affiliates

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

There's a huge PCA meet in September in BC. Sun Peaks Resort. Over 350 Porsches registered so far, I believe. http://www.pcaescape2010.com Great event to bring the SO.

Been a PCA member since 1989 and have loved every minute of it. Most of my best friends are PCA members. Just got back from a Zone 1 PCA DE weekend at Watkins Glen with 200 of my closest friends....was a blast!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I joined PCA in 1988 and I am 31 now and some of my closest friends are in PCA. I can't imagine what I would do without PCA in my life. I would highly recommend joining and getting involved. I would start out doing a tour or rally and meeting a few people. The saying it isn't the cars it is the people is so true.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:49 AM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There you go Radcap. Lots of outlets with PCA. It's worth the time and money regardless of how much/little you intend to be involved. The social component of PCA is of the least intrest to me, but I always make friend's and have fun. Give it a try for a year.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:33 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey WB, waiting for you to post on the latest Icons thread. Love your writing style.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:36 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 128 Posts

I started driving Porsches long before I learned that there was a club for people who owned a Porsche. Imagine that! A friend of mine told me that it wasn't all social crap and that there were often some very technically smart people from whom you could learn a great deal. I've been a member for nearly 30 years and have found the magazine to be the best part of the membership, followed by members who know a lot about these cars. I'm now one of the 'graybeards' and am passing on what I have learned, myself. Some of the regions are purely "whine and cheese" operations while others are all about driving and experiencing the cars. Another big plus with membership is to be able to find a contact no matter where you may drive in the USA who can guide you to a reliable Porsche mechanic. Some have suggested keep a copy of the annual Porsche Panorama (magazine) in the car so that when on a trip you have a source of phone numbers of the various region officers to contact should you run into trouble. I know many PCA members who would give you the shirt off their back to help another "Porsche Pusher," from loaning tools or a spare tire to keep you going on a trip.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:19 PM
WPOZZZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

The PCA experience is what you make of it. There are lots of great people in the various chapters that are full of knowledge, experience and great stories! Join it for the car, stay in it for the camaraderie.

Btw, I am a chapter President and we had a couple PCA members from Canada drop by a couple months ago.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:40 PM
Brian 162
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

I've been a member since 98. I'm a member mainly for the DE's. I became an instructor last year.I've gained friends through the club. You meet people from different backgrounds with a common bond being tha P car experience.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:19 AM
Radcap
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the input, I appreciate the time each of you spent replying, I will certainly join to at least give it a shot, I too am not much of a joiner but I would like to take advantage of the knowledge that comes with this club. I wont race as i have been there done that in another life and have no real desire for it now but the club does sound like a worthwhile endevour.

Thanks again,

Rod,
Old 06-22-2010, 03:21 PM
ron mcatee
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been a member 42 years and used to run around with Edgy01 when we were in War Bonnet Region in Oklahoma many years ago. As Dan said...I take the March issue of Pano every time I go on a trip. Never know when I might need it. I also contact the region Presiden't for the regions I will be traveling through. There may be an event to participate in while traveling through those regions. I've been able to help several PCA members and a couple of non-PCA'ers recently. Those non-PCA'er's are now members.

Quick Reply: PCA and Local Affiliates