Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Help! idle adjustment serious

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 03:18 PM
ipanzer64
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! idle adjustment serious

Ok so i had to adjust the fuel idle mixture the car was really low at warm idle , i used a 3 mm to adjust worked just fine then BANG! the screw is now stripped.....so what do i do now? HELP!
Old 05-24-2010, 04:24 PM
ipanzer64
Intermediate

ok i took it all apart..the adjustment screw was all rust! now i have to find a screw as i wrecked this one getting it out
Old 05-24-2010, 09:35 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,024 Likes on 728 Posts

so why did you feel you need to adjudt idle mixture as oppose to idle speed. Messing with the mixture without an analyser could lead to very bad things. When you get your new scew and put it all back together see if you can borrow an LM 1
Old 05-28-2010, 12:53 PM
ipanzer64
Intermediate

it occelated when warn so i adjusted it a bit it was good that **** happened

Ok took it all apart and put in new screw and had injectors cleaned got it running awsome cold as soon as its at operating temp it wont idle the idle screw does nothing unless i turn it all the in and is worse
Old 05-28-2010, 03:56 PM
ron mcatee
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You've got more than idle troubles. Take it to a reputable wrench in your area.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:38 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Johnny sounds like you have some issues there .. but I think i may have a whole air plate assembly or throtle body that may fit your car if you need it . Sounds like a few issues though .. Uli can probably fix it but get your wallet out ..
Old 05-28-2010, 06:51 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Warm up regulator killing the fuel pressue maybe ? Johnny sounds like you need to get back to basics and start testing your CIS components
Old 05-28-2010, 07:29 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

This is when ice gets ROI on his load of CIS parts.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:40 PM
ipanzer64
Intermediate

WUR is working perfect fuel presures are on the money during warm up and and idles perfect cold and for quite awhile then it wants to die out.... its puzzleing for sure I know Uli im not in a hurry to go there and pay premium, last resort always been my own wrench

Could something be sticking in the throttle body? at the idle adjustment? Ice you never know i may need something
Old 05-29-2010, 03:26 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Well I have quite few bit and pieces if you need anything .. and you live close , but to be honest the stuff i have is very reliavble and doubt it is your issue. Too bad i don't have my LM1 as we could set that up in about 5 miutes and that would make sure at least that was set right . If you have a Bentley you should certainly be able to verify all your CIS components ... it tthink it runs fine when enriched, but as soon as the enrichment ends your in trouble , Wonder if something isn't closing off as it warms up . If you fuel pressures are good then it would point to air supply of some kind if the fuel distributer is working ( again a solid component). Well I live closeby if you need anything anyway .
Old 05-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

JMHO,.....

1) You need to know precisely what your CO is after adjusting the mixture screw. The consequences can be VERY expensive if you are slightly lean or too rich. The LM-1 is invaluable for this task.

2) I would strongly recommend checking sensor plate height (at rest with the fuel pump on) and adjusting that if necessary. Its a very sensitive adjustment,.....

3) You should also check your cold-to-hot system and control pressures. You will need a set of CIS gauges to do this.

Your CIS system is quite simple and and easy to maintain, but one needs some special tools and documentation to do this. Remember, if the fuel mixture is not correct, the airbox is at risk from a backfire.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:07 PM
ipanzer64
Intermediate

well im at my end here i cleaned out WUR took fuel dist piston out cleaned that ballparked air mix runs good gets hot dies out again

Im gonna need help on this one

I could use a fuel filter i think in gonna drain tank and clean it start over
Old 05-30-2010, 08:34 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Also have you gone through with the Bentley and verified your CIS components via the test procedures ? if not your just guessing
Old 05-30-2010, 08:50 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The CIS fuel pressure gauge is specific to CIS cars only. It must run between the wur and fuel dist. Otherwise you are only guessing.

I'd also strongly recommend checking with some sort of air fuel gauge, or a CO% tester.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:08 PM
ipanzer64
Intermediate

to give history ..had a guy help me get this going he is very experienced just not avail at the moment we got the WUR working all fuel preasures from cold to hot were perfect car ran great for a few weeks the the low idle issue just started up. The screen in the wur was clogged cleaned that same thing the car sat for many years i looked in the tanks its fairly clean in there but dirt is getting into WUR screen so im going to pull tank and clean it. Hope to stop chasing my tail here

Anyone avail to do a CO adjustment?

Quick Reply: Help! idle adjustment serious