Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Andial 3.4

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 04:22 PM
UberXY
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Andial 3.4

was fooling around with a new camera today and here is a shot of the Andial 3.4 engine in my otherwise bone stock 40k mile 84 Targa. Bigger bore, cams, Autothority MAF.

Old 05-22-2010, 04:27 PM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So much for the group buy.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:59 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL...so other than a few parts, it's a bone stock 3.4 from Andial no less? BTW, what type of camera? I'm mouring the loss of my stolen Leica V-Lux 1 so I have camera on the brain.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Very simple and elegant, with A/C too!
Old 05-22-2010, 09:48 PM
UberXY
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rusnak
LOL...so other than a few parts, it's a bone stock 3.4 from Andial no less? BTW, what type of camera? I'm mouring the loss of my stolen Leica V-Lux 1 so I have camera on the brain.
Yes. Interesting story - the original owner took European delivery on the car, and after owning it for almost 20 years/30k miles, he shipped from the east coast to Andial to have the work done. They also refinished the Fuchs and re-fabric'd the roof.

I would be mourning the loss of any Leica. Many years ago I had a Minolta copy of a Leica 35mm that was marked "Made in Occupied Japan" on the bottom. Stolen and I have never found another one.

This picture was made with a little Nikon pocket camera I bought for traveling. S8000, 14 MP, $250. Was doing some photos of my '06 Cayman S for its upcoming Craigslist ad.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:51 PM
911tracker85
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stealth mode if you removed the sticker.

what chip are you running, the Autothority chip that came with the MAF?

I had the autothority chip/MAF on my 3.2 for quite a while. probably due to me over oiling the K&N must have contaminated the MAF, it reached the point where it would not idle smooth and was too lean at idle. took it out and tried to clean with MAF cleaner. no noticeable improvement.

so put back the stock AFM and a new chip by Russell Berry. idles smooth and pulls hard and strong up into the red, so far have not bounced off the 6,700 revlimiter. the stock AFM and this new chip definitely has more power. not dynoed, but at my first DE at MidOhio with it I was constantly finding myself getting into the red and having to shift up at sooner places on the track.

if you search this forum, you will find many who would suggest you get a new chip from Steve Wong, not sure what SW would say about the MAF. I am very satisfied with my RB chip, but I see postings SW will burn a map more specific to your engine setup. so especially with the 3.4 & cams, I would expect the right SW chip to just add to the fun. Since Ed Hughes is rebiulding his with a 3.4, I saw he was working with SW for a chip to match his new build.

Quick Reply: Andial 3.4