Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

San Francisco-Home to more beater 911's per capita than anywhere else.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 08:12 AM
Helios59
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
Hey Helios is that the Californication car ?

i watched that show for a season just to see how the car would fair

Yep, that's his car. He should fix that headlight, he can afford it...of course, if you follow the show, he has bigger problems right now...like being arrested.

I'm a fan

Old 05-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

When I still had my shop we maintained the full spectrum of P-cars in every condition imaginable. We had incredible SCs (this was in the mid-'90s) with less than 5K miles, SCs with 200K + miles, a '73 RS Lightweight that was perfect, almost new 993 twin-turbos that were always dirty, 964s with a ton of cigar ash on the carpet, perfect almost daily driver 3.2 liter Carreras, rusty 356s, perfect 356s, 2.2 Ts that had color changes, 914s that had been hit with an ugly stick, and every possible combination of miss-matched paint on panels that had been damaged.

The only consistencies were; (1) all were good, solid cars mechanically, and (2) all were loved. I didn't understand, for a long time, how a car that was simply an ash tray for a well-known actor could be "loved," but it was in its owner's own way. I didn't understand how a doctor could love his 356 (owned for about 30-years at the time), even though so much of the floor had rusted away he could have stopped the car by putting his feet down. And then, one day, a customer told me about what I call bss - bedroom slipper syndrome. He said that his bedroom slippers looked as bad as his car, but he couldn't bring himself to replace them either.

Last edited by Peter Zimmermann; 05-11-2010 at 01:11 PM.

Quick Reply: San Francisco-Home to more beater 911's per capita than anywhere else.