911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

just changed out the fuel tank filter

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010 | 06:38 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Thanks, Bird!!!!!!!!!!!! I may find myself in Frank's area one day,..I'd like to be able to ring his phone and see the country should the opp prevail....you never know.....good karma is good....always.....

Funny on the drummer line....

Gonna' go look for the filter here very shortly.

Happy Holidays to all!!

Doyle
Old 12-17-2010 | 08:02 PM
whalebird
Race Car

"always do right, it will surprise some, and astonish the rest" Mark Twain

...ALWAYS...
Old 12-17-2010 | 08:09 PM
psychoideas
Drifting

Originally Posted by dshepp806
I would imagine my removed one was the original (1989) , and bet it's still good to go. As mentioned, I'll rift through my boxes and find it...............been a little while! I remember the O-ring looking quite robust (still).

Once I locate it, I'll drop a PM for your shipping address...I do have paypal (as you asked) but there will be no need to use it, as I've got the shipping expense on this one....(happy holidays).

On a sidenote, I love your country,..and it's people. Had a few visits (compliments of the USAF) to Perth,....have yet to see Sydney.......caught New Zealand (saw Pink Floyd there),..

Get back to you soon.

Best,

Doyle
Doyle,
You are a Scholar and a Gentleman

It's people like you that make the List the wonderful place that it is.

Yes, you will have to come down and visit, our home is modest but happy, but I'm sure you'd have a wonderful stay. I hope you'd have a desire to see the Australian Bush (No Girl, or Presidential comments needed here) We are building a new house in Jan/ Feb so even more choices.

Forget Perth, I'm often over there for work, Melbourne is the place to see.

I saw Pink Floyd in Melbourne...............I don't want to say in what year
Old 12-17-2010 | 08:48 PM
maxwedge528
Advanced

i just cut the end off of my 78 930 gas tank....project LS7...and was quite surprised by what i found. the inside of the tank was as new as well as the internal filter. i have not driven the car much over the course of the last several years and most time the tank had very little fuel in it. as i had to weld the area back up, i treated the affected end of the tank with a product called RED Kote that i bought at O'Reillys.
Old 12-17-2010 | 10:08 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by psychoideas
Doyle,
You are a Scholar and a Gentleman

It's people like you that make the List the wonderful place that it is.

Yes, you will have to come down and visit, our home is modest but happy, but I'm sure you'd have a wonderful stay. I hope you'd have a desire to see the Australian Bush (No Girl, or Presidential comments needed here) We are building a new house in Jan/ Feb so even more choices.

Forget Perth, I'm often over there for work, Melbourne is the place to see.

I saw Pink Floyd in Melbourne...............I don't want to say in what year
(same here,..and good to know.

I found her. Can't find the Oring but the filter looks quite good. Could use a shine on the outers,..VERY good to go.

PM me your ship-to and we'll get started.

Best,

Doyle
Old 12-21-2010 | 05:43 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Wink

Frank,..still haven't shipped but hope to tomorrow. Wanted to post some pics of the assembly (pics, just taken....Ed will be proud of me now that I have a camera that won't be loaned out to anyone!)

As you can see, the screen and plastic is in perfect condition,..very clean. The threads on this baby are RAZOR sharp and good to go (yes,..they'll cut you!). I'll not touch the outer area (metal) that's been exposed to the environment,..should clean up very easy but will be left to you to "make new" again. The corners for tool insertion are in perfect condition with sharp corners (no signs of [mal] wrenching on this puppy.....she should serve you well, Mate!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just thought you'd like to see her..WELL....looks like I need to resize photos! Give me some time,....forgot to shoot at lower res (Wife's got the camera right now.....)..I'll post 'em shortly.

Best,

Doyle

Later,

Doyle
Old 12-21-2010 | 06:13 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Let's try these LOW res pics...
Attached Images      
Old 12-21-2010 | 06:15 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Wink

,..and a few more.... (still learning this camera, BTW).....it will get better!

Best to you and yours',

Doyle
Attached Images   
Old 12-21-2010 | 06:29 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

HEY! I recognize that book!
Old 12-21-2010 | 06:31 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Of course, you do,..I'm after the ones who aren't aware of it (as you are, I'm sure)...will benefit them to read a fine book, such as this one..

(free ads?) Couldn't resist the colorful background,..PLUS,..it was on the desk,..looking up something (apparently)......

Deserving, my friend.

Best to Pete!

Doyle
Old 12-21-2010 | 06:35 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

For those tuning in a bit "late",..Peter Zimmerman has a great book out that goes through years quite nicely....a must add to your Porsche Library....available at fine book stores everywhere....."The Used 911 Story".......

..must have....(check his sig..........)

Doyle
Old 12-21-2010 | 07:02 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

WTF???!!1 Doyle is posting pics???

I LOVE Australia....went to Melbourne (Melbuhn) and Brisbane (Brisbuhn) on business in 2007....ended up in Surfer's for a day to have fun. Met up with some 928 guys from Rennlist.....I don't know if it was the beer we were drinking while chatting up meter maids, but I could swear the cars were built backwards!!!

Love the Utes too, I had a couple of El Camino's back in the day.

I think I just figured out where I'm taking my wife on vacation next year.
Old 12-21-2010 | 07:03 PM
psychoideas
Drifting

Originally Posted by dshepp806
Frank,..still haven't shipped but hope to tomorrow. Wanted to post some pics of the assembly (pics, just taken....Ed will be proud of me now that I have a camera that won't be loaned out to anyone!)

As you can see, the screen and plastic is in perfect condition,..very clean. The threads on this baby are RAZOR sharp and good to go (yes,..they'll cut you!). I'll not touch the outer area (metal) that's been exposed to the environment,..should clean up very easy but will be left to you to "make new" again. The corners for tool insertion are in perfect condition with sharp corners (no signs of [mal] wrenching on this puppy.....she should serve you well, Mate!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just thought you'd like to see her..WELL....looks like I need to resize photos! Give me some time,....forgot to shoot at lower res (Wife's got the camera right now.....)..I'll post 'em shortly.

Best,

Doyle

Later,

Doyle
Wow! That filter looks new

Mine looks like it's been threaded into a camels **** for a year!
Old 12-21-2010 | 07:28 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Yes, Ed,..back in the saddle again. Gonna' be possessive with this camera.......My fellow RL's need pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAY COOL,..hope she works out for you, Frank....headed your way this week, Mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best to all,

Doyle
Old 12-21-2010 | 07:28 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

,..and a year in a camel's **** is 4-ever.

Quick Reply: just changed out the fuel tank filter