Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Group Buy (CLOSED): Stage 8 locking CV bolts, Round 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 04:43 PM
ideola
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fishbulb
Call me crazy, or anything worse, but this just seems like a no-brainer to me. Considering the the mild cost of admission (in the grand scheme of things), the reusability, and the fairly bombproof insurance against the potentially heinous cost of bolt back-out, it took me about 3 nanoseconds to pull the trigger on these. I also ordered extra bolts, clips, and retainers which in my estimation is chump change.

I have no affiliation other than being an admirer of good ideas.
My sentiments exactly when I first came across Stage8
Old 03-24-2010, 07:27 AM
ideola
Former Vendor

I received the 20th order last night, so I will be placing the first batch order with Stage8 later this afternoon. Anyone wishing to be included in the first batch order, please get your orders in before 5 PM EDT today.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:12 PM
ideola
Former Vendor

First batch has been ordered; we currently have 13 sets toward a second batch order...
Old 04-01-2010, 11:23 AM
ideola
Former Vendor

We're up to 18 orders for the 2nd batch order in round 2. I'm going to place the 2nd batch order tomorrow, so anybody wanting in on this batch, please get your orders in by 5 PM EDT tomorrow. Thanks!
Old 04-12-2010, 09:34 AM
ideola
Former Vendor

UPDATE:
Spoke with Stage8 on Friday. Batch 1 may ship to me by the end of this week, Batch 2 probably not until the end of next week at the soonest.

There's still time to get in on this...original closing date was thru Tax Day...we'll go ahead and extend it thru the weekend: Sunday 18 Apr 2010.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:08 AM
ideola
Former Vendor

72 hours left in the group buy. Batch 3 orders will be placed with Stage8 on Monday, so please get your orders in no later than 11 AM EDT Monday 19 April.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:16 AM
ideola
Former Vendor

Last chance! Group buy closes in 28 hours (11 AM EDT Monday 19 Apr 2010).
Old 04-28-2010, 03:41 PM
ideola
Former Vendor

I sent this email to everybody today, but posting here just to cover all the bases...

##################################

I spoke with Stage8 last night regarding the status of shipping on the various batch orders. For some reason, they delayed shipping batch 1 and pulled forward the production run of the batch 2 and batch 3 orders. They committed to me that the entire order (batches 1, 2 & 3) will be shipped to me all at once by the end of this week.

I don't know why they did it this way, as I specifically discussed with them at the outset breaking the orders into smaller batches so that early participants wouldn't have to wait for the entire run in order to get their parts. They arbitrarily decided to do the production all at once, which means that those of you in Batch 1 won't be getting your orders any sooner than anybody else.

I'm not real happy about this, and will have to think about how to manage the next round (if there is one). BUT, the good news is that everything should be on its way from California by the end of the week, and I should be able to begin packaging and shipping next week. I will do my best to get everything repackaged and shipped out to you all within 24-48 hours of receiving the bulk shipment from Stage8.

I apologize for the delay, I wish there was something I could do to get the parts here faster. The only consolation I can offer at this point is that it's not unusual to encounter these types of production and logistical issues when commissioning a completely new product (there were 5 new applications in this round of the group buy). I hope you feel as I do that the results will be worth the wait.

Once I start shipping your individual orders, you should each be getting an email notification from either PayPal or the USPS with the tracking number for your shipment, so please be on the lookout for that. I think I have requested address confirmations from all of you, but it doesn't hurt to remind you that I rely heavily on your PayPal address being correct for shipping. PLEASE double check that your PayPal shipping info is current and up to date!!!

I will send out another update as soon as I know the bulk shipment is on its way from California. In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. Thanks again for your enthusiastic participation! It has been exciting to see the response to this group buy. If there are other new product or NLA parts you would like assistance with, don't hesitate to ask...I'm always up for a new challenge!

Also just a quick reminder that we're offering 10% off all Tools, Kingsborne Wire Sets, and Classic 9 appearance products through 15 May 2010.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:53 AM
ideola
Former Vendor

All orders have been shipped except for 11. Apparently, Stage8 ran out of the M8x50 bolts during the initial run. I just received the bill for the last portion of the M8x50 order yesterday, so I am expecting these bolts to arrive in MI any day now, and will ship them out ASAP.

Thanks everybody for your patience and participation!!!
Old 05-24-2010, 08:42 AM
ideola
Former Vendor

The last dozen or so orders were shipped out on Saturday, everyone should have gotten their tracking number notification via USPS or PayPal. PM or email me if not.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:20 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Just a quick "two thumbs up" on this product. He did ship as promised, and they come packaged very professionally. I've only gotten as far as unpacking them, and will probably get them in before 2011!! I always appreciate it when I see a new product that is put together professionally and is based on what I deem to be a sound concept. I'm confident they'll be perfect.
Attached Images  
Old 10-26-2010, 12:58 AM
syzygy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. Mine showed up today. Gotta love that cross border mail service...

Quick Reply: Group Buy (CLOSED): Stage 8 locking CV bolts, Round 2