Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 12:42 PM
fzr1k
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help

i have in the past posted my problem the last time noone responded. i have an 82 sc 3.0 that just off of idle stumbles and backfires. i have gone through the engine found 4 broken head studs 2 blown head gaskets and a broken intake valve spring . when i got the car it ran great but it ran hot. one day it caught fire but only burnt heater hose and ac belt .when it caught fire it was missing and backfiring. i pulled intake and cooling shroud and found mouse nests around the cyls. then my cdi box fryed so i put a msd 6al ,blaster coil and taylor thunder volt wires on.soon after it began to have the stumble but not right away. i have had the injectors tested they are fine i replaced the wur( which is euro spec for some reason) rebuilt the fuel dist. replaced the fuel pump,o2 relay,o2 sensor checked o2 control box and ground. when you take the oil cap off the car idles slower air box has been checked no cracks. i replaced intake boots.i have replaced the cap and rotor also this car only has 65k on it. after i went through all of this except the fuel pump it ran better but got progressivly worse to the point you cant drive the car as soon as you give it throttle it backfires and pops back through the intake. my vacuum is right about 22hg. if i turn fuel mixture a few turns eather way it will kill the car like you would expect.i bought this car for 9k have about 12.5k in it so i cant eaven sell it to recover my cash.if someone has any idea please help im at my wits end.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:14 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you don't have a Bentley service manual, then you need one. It shows how to check fuel pressure (system and control) as well as fuel delivery testing. If you don't have an inductive timing light, then you can borrow or rent one. Last, you might check the O2 sensor and control box, but first you need to check the basics.

Quick Reply: please help