Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

suspension Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 09:26 PM
Dan Stratton
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post suspension Problems

I put in new shocks and Turbo Tire Rod ends in my 89 911. When I had it realigned the shop said that there was movement in the strut on both front sides (Boge with Boge inserts) and that it should be looked at. I was wondering if anyone out there has any Ideas on where to look first? any input would be appreciated. Also I ended up with a mixed set of shocks KYB in the back and boge in the front (Don't Ask it really hurts) and I was wondering if there is any implications to this setup?
Old 06-10-2003, 01:00 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Hi Dan:

As you know, its quite challenging to definitively troublshoot something like this from afar, but if your mechanic found side-play in the struts after he installed new inserts, I'd suggest its time for a change.

Although you might not wish to hear this, I must honestly tell you that Boge's and KYB's would not be anything that I would recommend or install. KYB's are simply,......harsh, without control. Terrrible things, IMHO. Boges are simply short lived.

If your struts are worn, I'd suggest a set of Bilstein struts and rear shocks to make a quantum difference.

You get what you pay for and this stuff is first-rate.
Old 06-11-2003, 03:31 AM
Dan Stratton
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Steve, I did the Labour myself and actually went in to purchase Bilsteins but got talked out of it against my better judgment. After a few hours of frustration on the fronts I discovered that the inserts I had were for pre 84 Carrerra's! Hence now having Boge in the front. So I guess I am going to go have a talk with the supplier.

Dan...

Quick Reply: suspension Problems