Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Need DME Schematic

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 11:50 PM
der Mond
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Need DME Schematic

I have a buddy on another forum that needs a wiring diagram of the '88 Motronic DME unit for the normally aspirated 3.2. Can help? thanks!
Old 02-18-2010, 02:11 AM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

tell him that he needs to install both dme flywheel sensors - reference and speed. One gives crankshaft position and the other rpm. He really needs to get a Bentley manual.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:04 PM
der Mond
Racer

He's trying to repair the circuit boards, the sensors aren't the issue, and the Motronic circuit diagram isn't in Bentley, but thanks.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:47 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

ah haaa....I got you confused with another guy who was asking for the schematic.

der Mond, I looked through my stash o stuff, and I could only find a schematic for the entire engine management system. The DME unit was shown as a blank box, just as you say.

I don't know who would release the dme schematic on a forum, probably no one. Some of the guys on Pelican might have the dme schematic. You might try sending a PM to Ingo (Ischmitz (sp?)), or some of the guys who have been through the DME. Off the top of my head, Russell Berry comes to mind, Steve Wong, and one other guy who was rebuilding the cruise control amplifier. He was reverse engineering the circuit boards, and was in the process of looking at Mercedes circuit boards. I can't remember his name.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:40 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

I doubt many would give that out, if they had it. I don't think the tuners mentioned would even need a full schematic to remap a chip.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:55 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

I would not be surprised if Loren has one. I read that he does ecu repairs. I have had good luck so far with a rebuilt ecu from specialized ecu repair in Florida.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by rusnak
I would not be surprised if Loren has one. I read that he does ecu repairs. I have had good luck so far with a rebuilt ecu from specialized ecu repair in Florida.
That was my point in saying that the ones that may have this probably won't give it up. It's their bread and butter, I wouldn't either.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:36 PM
der Mond
Racer

Thumbs up SUCCESS!

I posted on Pelican, and a great guy from the Tech Dept there, Chris Bennet, saw my post, had the schematics and sent them to me. I also got from ECU Doctors (Specialized ECU Repair in Florida) their DME diagnostic chart. Thanks for reminding me about Loren, I sent him a PM to see what he had also. Once again the Rennlist/Pelican communities responds! Thanks guys....
Old 02-19-2010, 01:11 AM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

ooh! do you mind posting the specialized ECU diagnostic chart? If it makes a difference, I bought one of ther ECUs off the shelf with no core (I'm a freak for spare parts).
Old 02-19-2010, 12:43 PM
der Mond
Racer

Default DME Diagnostic Chart

I would rather not post it but if you send me a PM with an email address I'lll attach it to an email to you...

Quick Reply: Need DME Schematic