Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Trailer for 911 Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

I don't know, I bought my Aluma new for just over $4K in '08. It may not have the name as Trailex or Featherlite, but it is a quality piece with electric brakes, alloy wheels, removable fenders, etc, etc. Trailex are certainly fine trailers, but I don't see the 50% premium.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:29 AM
s4for5
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default ok, so now that I have a sweet trailer lets talk about proper tie down procedures

Do I tie down the wheels with web like netting or hook up to the body and cinch it down?
I see a lot of aftermarket adapters you can add to the car but I would prefer not to go that route if possible.
Where is it safe to hook up to?
I see eyelets under the front of my 78 but nothing obvious in the rear.
Should I just tread a loop thru the Fuch wheels and tie that down to the rear D-rings?
Trailex does have movable stops that slide against all four wheels once the car is in place.
Is E-Track the way to go?
If I use E-Track it looks like they need to be mounted directly under the wheels, what happens when I load up a car with a different width?
I would prefer to be flexible as I have a bunch of different vehicles.
My trips are short and mostly used to move things around locally.
Comments are most welcome

Last edited by s4for5; 02-07-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 536 Likes on 371 Posts

easiest way to tie a 911 down is w/ straps through the wheels. W/ some front spoilers this isn't an option.

others use clip to the front A-arm and add hardpoints at the lower end of the rear shocks

964/993 have factory tie down points on the chassis just inboard of the front wheels, but like the 911 need hardpoints added on the rear suspension

there's a lot of other views here

Quick Reply: Trailer for 911 Question